Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Looking for quilt guild in or near Sandusky Ohio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/looking-quilt-guild-near-sandusky-ohio-t155084.html)

Grammie Sharon 09-22-2011 06:39 PM

My friend is moving to Sandusky Ohio. Are there any guilds in that area that she could check out? what about quilt shops? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

craftybear 09-22-2011 06:46 PM

I will google, scroll down for the guild in Sandusky, Ohio

http://www.quiltguilds.com/ohio.htm

Ripped on Scotch 09-22-2011 06:48 PM

there is a Quilting with Machines Conference there in 2 weeks. it's a show and I'm sure you could find out some guilds in the area there.

trisha 09-22-2011 07:49 PM

I have lived in the Sandusky area for the last 17 years and have yet to find a quilt guild. The closest quilt shop is in Vermillion, about 20 milesfrom Sandusky. There is also one in Norwalk which is about 15 miles from Sandusky. I have always done quilting on my own. But there are probably some guilds at some of the churches. Good luck with that.

trisha 09-22-2011 07:52 PM

The quilt conference is being held at the Sawmill Creek Resort in Huron which is about 2miles from me on the way to Sandusky. It is being held on Oct. 5 and 6th I believe. But basically it is all about long arms and not much locally. At least the last one was like that.

Ripped on Scotch 09-23-2011 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by trisha
The quilt conference is being held at the Sawmill Creek Resort in Huron which is about 2miles from me on the way to Sandusky. It is being held on Oct. 5 and 6th I believe. But basically it is all about long arms and not much locally. At least the last one was like that.

It is mostly long arms but there are quite a few classes for regular machines as well. But with everyone there I'm sure someone will know of a guild in the area

sandyl 09-23-2011 05:29 AM

There is a shop in Marblehead. Called Nautical Needle they have a long arm in shop. Corner of 163 and 269 across from Cheesehaven.

Lynn4 09-23-2011 07:08 AM

Sharon....The Sandusky Bay Quilters have been together for 21 years...I was president for the past 20 yrs....Yes....I was...I finally retired my position last year during our 20 yr anniversary....! We have raffled many charity quilts where the money has helped many community organizations. My business partner and I have started our own business, The Traveling Thimbles, LLC. We organize retreats where we teach a technique and pamper you! These retreats can be a 1 or 2 day or even for a weekend. We can have you visit us or we will visit you and your group. If you would like more info on the SBQ or Traveling Thimbles give my a line...Piecefully, Lynn

trisha 09-23-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by sandyl
There is a shop in Marblehead. Called Nautical Needle they have a long arm in shop. Corner of 163 and 269 across from Cheesehaven.

They don't have a very big choice of fabrics. The DoorMouse in Bettsville is the place to go.

trisha 09-23-2011 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lynn4
Sharon....The Sandusky Bay Quilters have been together for 21 years...I was president for the past 20 yrs....Yes....I was...I finally retired my position last year during our 20 yr anniversary....! We have raffled many charity quilts where the money has helped many community organizations. My business partner and I have started our own business, The Traveling Thimbles, LLC. We organize retreats where we teach a technique and pamper you! These retreats can be a 1 or 2 day or even for a weekend. We can have you visit us or we will visit you and your group. If you would like more info on the SBQ or Traveling Thimbles give my a line...Piecefully, Lynn

WoW!! I have been out here for years and never even heard of it. Must be one of those best kept secret things. LOL