Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Looking for a Quilting friend!! (Seattle) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/looking-quilting-friend-seattle-t216730.html)

quiltstringz 03-19-2013 06:09 AM

Hope you are able to try out the Modern Quilt Guild. We have one in our area that used to meet at the Shop I work at part time. There are a few older ladies (like me) but most of the group was young - there were even some new Moms that brought their babies. I know that you will find a quilting friend.

Colbaltjars62 03-19-2013 08:17 AM

I'd kinda stay away from the guilds, has been my experience that you get a bit swallowed up in them and there is way too much politics.
Not sure if she is still on here but Uglycook is an awesome quilter and friend up that way and she has a couple of friends close to her as well. She is part of our WOMBAT group and the nicest gal you could ever meet. If you can't find her on here PM me and I can get ahold of her via landline.. She is really good at petting fabrics and finding gadgets to use.

Peckish 03-19-2013 08:30 AM

Not all guilds are bad. It's worth a couple of visits to see for yourself if you'd enjoy them.

quiltingnonie 03-19-2013 05:18 PM

I have a dear friend that lived in Poulsbo, and every time I went to visit her, I dragged her along with me to visit the quilt shop there! Sure love that town!

Originally Posted by cmcpeek (Post 5937745)
I'm 48 have been quilting for awhile and live in Poulsbo close to Kingston ferry. I quilt with ladies at my church and if you dont mind riding the Kingston/ Edmonds ferry we would love to have you join us. I am one of the youngest quilters. We get together the 1st and 3rd Saturday every month.

slkquilter 03-19-2013 07:18 PM

Isn't that something-I'm coming to Edmonds on the 28th to visit my sister and then up to Anacortes to see my grandchildren. Unfortunately, neither my sister or my DIL quilt right now. Hoping to teach my DGD how to sew when I'm there-she's 7. Good luck to you!

bobbiesboutique 03-20-2013 04:00 AM

I need the same kind of friend but I am in Kentucky I am 34

allierae 03-20-2013 09:26 AM

Hi Mer, I'm 34 and live in Bothell. We should meet up some time! I also checked out a few of the local guilds and ended up joining the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild. Lots of young people like us!
Allison

quilt9226 03-20-2013 07:46 PM

I'm part of Quilts from the Heart, a nonprofit (quiltsfromtheheart.org) We have all ages, have monthly meetings at the PUD on Highway 99 in Edmonds, and have been making and giving quilts for almost 20 years. Our motto is "no pressure." We have members from beginners to award winning quilters. We have a "store" (our fabric stash) and the price is right (free). You are most welcome. We will not have a meeting in April because of retreat. You might try Quilters Anonymous which meets at the Edmonds Church of Christ on 220th. It is a larger group. my sister and I are part of a satellite group that formed over 20 years ago when all of us were members of Quilters Anonymous. If you would like to meet us, you can PM me. Were all "old" now - my sister however really likes the contemporary style.