Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Mardens Lewiston, Me. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/mardens-lewiston-me-t60390.html)

mamaw 08-20-2010 06:19 AM

Was in there yesterday; and the girls told me they had a great turnout from the Maine Quilt Show weekend, and that everything went very well with you girls from the NH bus. Said they had 7 girls cutting.....wow!!
I couldn't get over how much neater the place is with all the rearranging they did. Made it a much more pleasant shopping experience. Of course, I didn't leave empty handed either lol.

billsgirl 08-20-2010 09:38 AM

Oh! How I miss shopping at Mardens! I have bought oodles and oodles of fabric there when I lived in Maine!

Billsgirl

Roberta 08-21-2010 12:56 PM

I don't get to the Lewiston Marden's too often since I shop in Waterville but I might just have to make another trip down there in the near future.

dmackey 08-22-2010 09:50 AM

Do all Marden's stores carry fabric, or just Lewiston? If they all carry fabric, is it much different in each store?

Diane

leaha 08-22-2010 11:12 AM

oh I miss it too loved shoping there, will again some day

Luv Quilts and Cats 08-22-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by dmackey
Do all Marden's stores carry fabric, or just Lewiston? If they all carry fabric, is it much different in each store?

Diane

Marden's in Sanford carries fabric, and I heard a couple of weeks ago that Marden's opened in Portland, ME in an old Wal-Mart store and they have a huge fabric dept. My friends and I are going Labor Day weekend to check it out. I only thought the Sanford store and now Portland carried fabric. Not sure if they all do now.

mamaw 08-22-2010 03:24 PM

Most Mardens carry fabric. The new store isn't in Portland...it is in Scarborough...the one in Portland closed. Ellsworth, Lewiston, Sanford, Scarborough,Waterville, and Rumford are those that I am positive sell fabrics. Maybe if you email the store they can give you a full list.

cakes quilts 08-22-2010 05:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Mamaw,
It was great meeting you at the Maine quilt show. I told you I would take a picture of all I bought at Mardens. Some of the items were bought at the show, but all the fabric was bought at Mardens. I went to the one in Scarborough and in Sanford on the way home. I wish we had Mardens in MA. I can't wait to make a trip back there. Most of the fabric was only $2.99 a yard and they had a great selection. I hope the picture sends OK.
Lorraine

kylenstevesmom 08-26-2010 05:24 PM

mmm does the Mardens in Calias have fabric?

We own a house on Campobello Island,NB and if it did it might make it worth while going to check out the house, and do a little shopping!

My mil used to really like Mardens, but I never did get to go there!

At least if I got fabric I would have something to keep me occupied while I'm there!

saf45 08-26-2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by kylenstevesmom
mmm does the Mardens in Calias have fabric?

We own a house on Campobello Island,NB and if it did it might make it worth while going to check out the house, and do a little shopping!

My mil used to really like Mardens, but I never did get to go there!

At least if I got fabric I would have something to keep me occupied while I'm there!

yes the mardens in calais has a great selection of fabric, was there two weeks ago,