Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NORTH CAROLINA QUILT SYMPOSIUM 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/north-carolina-quilt-symposium-2012-a-t143957.html)

kit'smamma 08-09-2011 05:09 PM

Next June the NCQS will be held at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee in the western part of the state in the beautiful southern Appalachians. It's only about 35 miles south of the Great Smoky Mt. Nat'l Park.

My guild is sponsoring it and you can watch our web site for information. There will be a quilt show celebrating the 30th anniversary of the founding of Smoky Mtn. Quilters Guild which will be judged. Rules and catagories will be posted in the coming months. There will be classes conducted by nationally known teachers along with some very talented local teachers. Those names are currently posted but the classes will be posted at a later date. The university is providing housing and meals as well as all events. Check us out at www.smokymtnquilters.org . I live just a few miles from the university and am excited about this event. We would like to see quilts and participants in classes from all over the country so start stitching.

Kit's mamma, Jane

Rann 08-10-2011 08:11 AM

That's wonderful. My dear SonIL's mother and brother live there and we always camp at Smokemont which is about 45 minutes away. His brother works at the college.

martyquilter 08-10-2011 02:01 PM

My daughter graduated from Western & we love it out there... well I can see where our spring vacation is going to be at!!! I will ck out your site & keep up on all the info!!! Ohhhhhh I can't wait!!!

kit'smamma 08-10-2011 05:04 PM

Great. When the time comes we can arrange a meet up.

Jane

martyquilter 08-10-2011 11:26 PM

That would be great... I told my husband where we were going next June, he was very excited also... he loves to fish out that way!!

Rebecca VLQ 08-21-2011 05:57 AM

Woo! Thanks for pointing me here, Kit! This one may be doable!

luvspaper 08-22-2011 02:09 PM

I hope to make it to this one...will have to see how school ends and how summer camps are scheduled for the kiddos. Here's hoping!

kit'smamma 08-26-2011 05:32 PM

So glad to see your responses. Just keep and eye on the website I gave you in the announcement. We can certainly arrange a meet up when the time comes.

I'm Kit's mamma alright, and she is a beautiful and loving English Springer Spaniel. I'm also Rocky's mamma. He's of unverified genetic background that probably includes Border Collie.

Jane is the name

kit'smamma 09-19-2011 05:30 AM

NC Symposium registration and quilt show rules and registration will be on the guild website in January along with the class list. Oft times I have had to log into the web site twice before it opens. www.smokymtnquilters.org . The more the merrier. For those of you from outside the territory treat yourself to a BBQ dinner while you are there.

Jane