Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Quilt across Texas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/quilt-across-texas-t195081.html)

jme 07-18-2012 08:53 PM

Quilt across Texas

Who's ready and who's in this year? I wasn't going to do it this year because I spent so much money last year but, I think I might change my mind. LOL

Delta 07-19-2012 04:31 AM

what is this quilt across texas??

NaomiTX 07-19-2012 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Delta (Post 5376901)
what is this quilt across texas??

This link will tell you ALL about it: www.quiltacrosstexas.com

Cindy60545 07-19-2012 04:59 AM

yep! Been hearing about it, I plan on hitting some of the shops.

kountrykreation 07-19-2012 05:11 AM

Thought about doing it last year, just LOTS of area to cover and finally couldn't really figure out what the benefits were? Is it just a reason to go shopping and spend money? Which, ok, granted, any reason to spend money is a good point, but is there something I'm missing? With gas over $3/gal, it's hard to justify. Would like to hear from anyone/everyone that has participated and what the benefits are, please.

jme 07-19-2012 05:55 AM

]I did it last year because I had some extra money and I thought I may not be able to afford to do it again. I completed regions 2&3 only. It was a lot of driving and I did it with my 2yr old in tow (he was very good amazingly). I think the benefits are mostly for the shop owners but, I did find some new shops in my area and the experience was fun. This year there are some different shops participating so I'm on the fence about whether to go or not. Ths prizes are fabulous too!

kountrykreation 07-19-2012 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by jme (Post 5377110)
]I did it last year because I had some extra money and I thought I may not be able to afford to do it again. I completed regions 2&3 only. It was a lot of driving and I did it with my 2yr old in tow (he was very good amazingly). I think the benefits are mostly for the shop owners but, I did find some new shops in my area and the experience was fun. This year there are some different shops participating so I'm on the fence about whether to go or not. Ths prizes are fabulous too!

So are the prizes like door prizes at each shop?

jme 07-19-2012 06:39 AM

There are drawings at each shop, prize drawings for completing each region and major prizes for completeing more regions. Google quilt across Texas it shows you everything.

kountrykreation 07-19-2012 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by jme (Post 5377230)
There are drawings at each shop, prize drawings for completing each region and major prizes for completeing more regions. Google quilt across Texas it shows you everything.

Thanks. I had researched (googled, and their website) it already, was just thinking I was possibly missing something? Appreciate the info.

Neesie 07-19-2012 07:16 AM

I wish there were more/different TX fabrics, to be available.