Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Quilt Show in Leesville, Louisiana (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/quilt-show-leesville-louisiana-t218196.html)

lizzy 04-04-2013 04:39 AM

Quilt Show in Leesville, Louisiana

Quilt Show:
Where: Leesville, Louisiana - 200 West Lula St., First United Pentecostal Activity Center
When: Friday, May 3rd, 10am to 5pm and Saturday, May 4th.10 am to 4pm.
Admission: $3.00
Also, Vendors from Louisiana and Texas. The guild will have a country store and mini quilt silent auction.
The annual MayFest Festival, down town, will be on the same weekend within walking distance from the
quilt show. Everyone is invited to see our beautiful quilts. Thanks.

sasquilter 04-05-2013 03:54 AM

I was surprised to see the name Leesville, La I lived rhere in 1968 before my husband was sent to Viet Nam I would have loved a quilt show back then Hope it is a great success My husband died 44 years ago April 13 and Leesville was the last place we lived He was killed in Viet Nam Would love to go back to Leesville sometime

reginalovesfabric 04-05-2013 08:18 AM

tell me where Leesville is, I live in Hattiesburg MS

Gannyrosie 04-06-2013 06:41 AM

That's a 4.5 hour drive for me, and unfortunately I have to pick up grandkids for 2pm. I wish they had one closure to New Orleans. Best of Luck on your show.

cajunowl 04-06-2013 05:11 PM

Leesville is on the west side of Louisiana, close to Texas. About mid-state. You could drive from Hattiesburg to Alexandria, then take Hwy. 28 west which will bring you very close to Leesville, Fort Polk area.

lizzy 04-09-2013 04:13 AM

Thank you ladies for your interest in our Quilt Show. I wish you all lived closer to us. From Hattisburg, google map printed it was a 5+ hour drive. Wish you could gather some friends and share the driving and costs. We have quite a few new hotels here with the costs starting at $77 a night.. Leesville has grown quite a bit in the last 20 years. Sad to say, we do not have a quilt shop but we are expecting 15+ vendors. Thanks for your interest.

Sdwill 04-09-2013 07:05 PM

I'm going to try and remember this. According to Google it's almost 4 hours away but I'm in Bossier City quite a bit visiting my brother, nieces, and some cousins. Maybe I can talk one of my cousins into making the trip with me.

lizzy 04-11-2013 03:26 AM

Hope you can make it, Sharyl. Mayfest is also on that weekend and it is fun to walk down to the courthouse square and see all the arts and crafts. We are only 3 blocks from there so you can walk from one location to our quilt show.

Sdwill 04-11-2013 11:26 AM

I have the date marked on my calendar. I know one of my cousins will go with me, but if my brother doesn't have the girls, I'll get him to go just to get him out of the house. He likes looking at different quilts and I'm sure he would like Mayfest.

Sdwill 04-30-2013 01:07 PM

Lizzy, I was looking forward to coming this weekend. But all my buddies bailed on me :mad: and I just don't like to drive that far by myself. I hope you have a great show and would love to see some pictures so I can just get mad at myself for not going. :eek: