Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Roseville, MI Quilt Show This Friday & Sat. Anyone going? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/roseville-mi-quilt-show-friday-sat-anyone-going-t218150.html)

Fab-ra-holic 04-03-2013 08:38 AM

Roseville, MI Quilt Show This Friday & Sat. Anyone going?

I was wondering if any of you board members will be going to the Quilt Show at the Rec Center in Roseville, MI this weekend. Would love to hear from you.

chaskaquilter 04-04-2013 06:00 AM

Would love to go, but I am in Chaska and would have to travel on the freeways. I am so disgusted with myself, I have developed a freeway driving phobia and now am so limited as to where I can go. Hope it is a good show. We had one in our rec center last Fall and I loved seeing all the beautiful quilts. Wish there would have been some more vendors. I love looking a "stuff".

Patski-Mi. 04-04-2013 06:25 AM

I might go but will have to look up the details. Hope it's nice this weekend. Hubby usually goes with me.

judykay 04-04-2013 06:58 AM

A friend of mine and I are going to be there tomorrow morning around 11:00. I was there last year and it is a nice show. Are you aware of the one in Shipshewana the weekend of June 27, 28 & 29th. It is a quilt show and shop hop and sounds very interesting. I am going with two or three of my friends and are planning on staying two days as it sounds like a lot to do and see.

Grammie Sharon 04-04-2013 05:51 PM

Oh no. I'm having a shower for a friend on Sat. Do you know what time it goes to on Friday? This is always a nice show.

gmaybee 04-05-2013 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by judykay (Post 5977202)
A friend of mine and I are going to be there tomorrow morning around 11:00. I was there last year and it is a nice show. Are you aware of the one in Shipshewana the weekend of June 27, 28 & 29th. It is a quilt show and shop hop and sounds very interesting. I am going with two or three of my friends and are planning on staying two days as it sounds like a lot to do and see.

The quilt show in Shipshewana is a good show. I did the shop hop two years ago, but didn't do it last year. There's lots of things to do in the area. I'm usually down in the Shishewana area once a month. Where are you at in Lower Michigan? I'm in Brooklyn.

judykay 04-05-2013 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Grammie Sharon (Post 5978550)
Oh no. I'm having a shower for a friend on Sat. Do you know what time it goes to on Friday? This is always a nice show.

10:00 - 6:00 Friday and 10:00 - 5:00 on Saturday

redvette54 04-06-2013 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by gmaybee (Post 5979372)
The quilt show in Shipshewana is a good show. I did the shop hop two years ago, but didn't do it last year. There's lots of things to do in the area. I'm usually down in the Shishewana area once a month. Where are you at in Lower Michigan? I'm in Brooklyn.

Do you go to any of the retreats that The Quilt Patch has in Brooklyn at the Super 8? I went in Feb and had the best time. Can't wait to go again next year.

judykay 04-06-2013 06:02 AM

I went to the Macomb Guild quilt show in Roseville yesterday and it is a very good show. Much to see and much to spend your money on.

judykay 04-06-2013 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by redvette54 (Post 5981653)
Do you go to any of the retreats that The Quilt Patch has in Brooklyn at the Super 8? I went in Feb and had the best time. Can't wait to go again next year.

I am in the lower part of the thumb area (Shelby Twp). This will be the first year we have gone to this show and are spending two days there. Went down last year just for the flea market and it was too much for one day, very hard drive home when you are tired.