Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   T-shirt quilt in Sebring, FL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/t-shirt-quilt-sebring-fl-t161857.html)

TeresaD 10-20-2011 06:48 AM

I live in Sebring, FL and wanted a t-shirt quilt/throw done for my daughter for Christmas....anyone interested?

Thanks.

frarose 10-20-2011 07:03 AM

I know you are looking in FL but here where I live I know someone and they charge $300 to do a T-shirt quilt. Maybe you could search online how to make one as they aren't that bad if you buy the shape-flex to put on the back of the shirts.

TeresaD 10-20-2011 07:09 AM

Thank you, that's good to know...didn't know they were so expensive...my neighbor said she would help me...can't be that hard.

kraftykimberly 10-20-2011 07:44 AM

$300 for just the labor sounds like a pretty good price to me, I know I would have to charge at least that much to cover labor. Now if backing, batting, stabilizer, binding, quilting and thread needs to be added in, then that price would of course increase. Since you dont specify what the $300 covers maybe you could inquire to see what that covers. If it covers everything then I think that would be a steal.

TeresaD 10-20-2011 07:57 AM

Thanks, that gives me an idea.

Zhillslady 10-20-2011 11:42 AM

Sounds like a fair price as well. I just made a twin size for a friend and with interfacing, batting, sashing, backing, binding and backing we were well over $100 just for supplies

Originally Posted by kraftykimberly
$300 for just the labor sounds like a pretty good price to me, I know I would have to charge at least that much to cover labor. Now if backing, batting, stabilizer, binding, quilting and thread needs to be added in, then that price would of course increase. Since you dont specify what the $300 covers maybe you could inquire to see what that covers. If it covers everything then I think that would be a steal.

duckydo 10-21-2011 03:37 AM

$300 sounds reasonable, I am doing a Harley T Shirt quilt for my son and the fusible backing is ove $3 a yard and it is only 20 inches wide, then there is the batting, thread and your time. It is not that hard, but it is not cheap to make any quilt.

arheath 10-21-2011 03:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TeresaD
I live in Sebring, FL and wanted a t-shirt quilt/throw done for my daughter for Christmas....anyone interested?

Thanks.

I live aprox 20 miles from you and have done a few tee shirt quilts. Might be interested. e-mail is [email protected]. Put tee shirt quilt in subject line.
Anita

merchjag 10-21-2011 04:08 AM

I just made one for a friend who lost her husband-big Harley Davidson man-lots of HD t -shirts. I used eleanor Burns pattern.
His favorite color was blue,so I used a lot of blue . I think it turned out well-easy pattern, It's on its way to LAQ. Will try to post picture when I get it back.The most time consuming part was cutting the ts apart-backing them with Pellon 911 and then rotary cutting them all the same size-the piecing went quickly. You can do it!

TeresaD 10-21-2011 06:02 AM

Thank you everyone. I found someone who will do it.