Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Is there any Quilters in Milwaukee Wi. Area (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/there-any-quilters-milwaukee-wi-area-t58802.html)

Davida 08-10-2010 04:56 PM

Hi I am kind of new on here I think I posted once. Anyway I was looking for some quilting buddies. I moved to Milwaukee Wi 7yrs ago and really have not met any quilting people. I work full time so it is hard to meet people by taking classes because they are all held during the day. I would like to meet people to do quilt projects with.

sewmuchmore 08-10-2010 05:49 PM

Welcome aboard from Georgia. I know it a long way from Milwaukee. There are lost of good friends here.

CarrieAnne 08-10-2010 08:48 PM

I am in WHitewater, but my DD just moved there for her last 2 years of college. Wish I were closer to you!!!!!

hdqltr 08-11-2010 03:40 AM

I live in Menomonee Falls, just northwest of Milwaukee. I work in Milwaukee. There are tons of quilting people here! If you are interested in joining (come to visit first) a quilt guild, here are two you could try (there are more, but these are the two I belong to):
Tosa Quilters, meets 3rd Tuesday of the Month September through May at Congregational Church on Church Street in Wauwatosa; Menomonee Falls Quilters meets 1st Wednesday of every month September through June at the Menomonee Falls Library, located just north of Appleton Avenue on Pilgrim Road. We'd love to have you visit. You can email me directly at [email protected]. Nancy T

Davida 08-13-2010 04:27 PM

I don't think you are real far. Im not sure where Whitewater is. I live in Hales Corners. WI

CarrieAnne 08-13-2010 05:41 PM

LOL, I dont know where Hales Corners is......I will check my map! Do you know where Janesville is??? I work in Janesville, and live about 12 miles East of there in the country!

kclausing 08-17-2010 09:44 AM

Hi, all.
I live in Grafton (20 min north of Milw) and have a weekend home in Necedah (45 min north of Wis dells). Cedarburg has a local quilt shop, not sure if they have a guild. One of these days I'll try to make it over there and find out.

Little about myself - Married, grown daughter with a 1yr old son (my dear grandbaby, love him to pieces), 2 bulldogs (spoiled rotten). I work in IT (software tester), I crochet, quilt and make jewelry. I enjoy getting out for drinks about once a week with my hubby.

Davida 08-17-2010 01:27 PM

Welcome I live in Hales Corners Wisconsin. I don't know how far grafton is from here, I don't think to far

CarrieAnne 08-18-2010 04:48 AM

Hey, K, boyfriends Dad lives right near Necedah, in the country! I LOVE it up there! Are there any good quilt shops near there?
I LOVE your Bulldog....I have Noel, a lazy spoiled bully!

dean's wife 08-19-2010 05:46 PM

O.K. Ladies, Hi I live about 25 miles south of Green Bay but I am originally from Janesville and my daughter lives in Janesville and my son lives between Evansville and Albany. All our kids graduated from Evansville High School. We moved up her about 10 years ago. We have another daughter that lives near by and her daughter our beautiful oldest granddaughter lives near by also. We have 5 grandchildren and 1 great granddaughter and we are retired, or maybe just tired. I wish I were closer to Milwaukee so we could all get together. I know I can come to this site and get a little love from other quilters. There does not seem to be any quilters near buy so I do the best I can. And DH is always near by to give me a little help. He is always happy when I complete a project and seems to be so proud. He does help a lot so when I give the kids their gifts we can say it came from both of us.
O.k. I better quit before I get to mushy. Thank God for this forum.