Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Tonight's Suze Orman (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/tonights-suze-orman-t229185.html)

RugosaB 08-31-2013 04:23 PM

Tonight's Suze Orman

browsing through the preview channel, to see what's on tonight, it says that one of the segments on tonight's Suze Orman show is "quilting machine"
We'll see what she says, maybe "Girlfriend!"

peacefulquilting 08-31-2013 08:36 PM

Ooohhh - Do tell - I've never seen that particular episode - what did she say??

Painiacs 08-31-2013 08:58 PM

Yes do tell, inquiring minds want to know!!

jeank 09-01-2013 04:08 AM

Probably on the segment where she does "Can I afford it?"

RugosaB 09-01-2013 05:55 AM

Well, I watched it, and like so many things on that show, it was very fast.
Suze had no idea what a 'langarm machine' was, but they did have a photo of it. It was the 'Can I Afford It?" part of the program

The woman wanted to know if she could afford a $9000 machine, no brand name given. I didn't write down the details, but she ran through how much her and her husband make, have, their expenses, and it was obvious to me they were going to get an 'Approved!' t-shirt.
The reason Suze said she approved, among than others, is because they had $120,000 in a Roth IRA (I THINK it was that amount, I do remember it being a substantial amount.)

jeank 09-01-2013 02:09 PM

Thanks for the update. I wondered if she had been approved. So glad another quilter is getting her wish.

Sandygirl 09-01-2013 04:55 PM

She would not approve me for a new machine at this time. So sad for me! LOL!
sandy

Steady Stiching 09-02-2013 04:18 AM

LOL...what a hoot...sounds to me like she went to plead her case on Suze Orman to convince her husband!
What lengths we quilters go to....LOL

RugosaB 09-02-2013 09:38 AM

This is not quilting related, unless I take the money and buy fabric (which is possible):
When my son went into the navy, he ended up in the nuclear propulsion dept. I always joked that I was going to buy a DeLorean, and have it parked in the driveway when he got home. (Back to the Future came out the year we were married, and I've been a fan of MJF since his early years)
I found out they don't make them anymore, which I knew, but someone went and bought all the parts and is putting them together in Tx, and I found one for $25,000 - 30,000. My husband, jokingly told me to contact Suze Orman and see if I'd get approved or denied after I told her what I wanted to do.
So, I filled out a form on her website, and explained the situation. I got an almost immediate response because they really wanted this, which I answered, but I never heard back
Oh well, maybe they have a filter in their office to weed out the 'just joking' requests.
But wouldn't that be a cool thing?

That was 5-6 years ago, and it's possible I've spent a third of that since then.

tenngal 09-05-2013 12:23 PM

I've been waiting on this show!