Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Ultimate Quilter's Estate Sale - Lansing, KS- Sunday, Feb. 5th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/ultimate-quilters-estate-sale-lansing-ks-sunday-feb-5th-t177901.html)

AUQuilter 02-02-2012 11:46 AM

Ultimate Quilter's Estate Sale - Lansing, KS- Sunday, Feb. 5th

This info is from an email from Quilter's Quarters - quilt shop in Kansas. I sure hope some of you live nearby this sale.

A dear friend and customer passed away two years ago and I promised her that when her husband was ready I would help move her fabric and supplies. We will be having an estate sale for her on Superbowl Sunday. We will hold it in her home from 10AM until 4PM.

This sale is not part of the shop, so we are unable to offer it to our on-line shoppers. We apologize for this, but it is a local thing only.

This will be a CASH ONLY sale and please bring small denomination bills as we will not have access to the banks that day for change.

Please remember that this is an ESTATE SALE, not a yard sale, it would not be right to try to nickel/dime the prices. We will not negotiate the prices on anything.

FAT QUARTERS $1.00 each
HALF YARD CUTS $2.00 each
YARDAGE WILL $4.00 per yard, it is all marked and it will not be cut, winner take all!
JELLYROLLS $12.00 each
CHARM PACKS $3.00 each
LAYER CAKES $12.00 each
HARDCOVER BOOKS $5.00 each
PAPERBACK BOOKS $2.00 each
KITS WILL BE MARKED ½ OF THE ORIGINAL PRICE
NOTIONS WILL BE ½ OF THE ORIGINAL PRICE

There is a lot of cross stitch merchandise as well.

There are quite a few battings and pillow forms.

One Universal sewing machine in the cabinet $35.00

She also has a BabyLock quilting machine that to the best of my knowledge has been used 20 times.

Magazines will be 4 for $1.00

Thank you all for helping make this successful for her husband.

Estate Sale Location: 824 BLUEBERRY, LANSING, KS

Day: Sunday, February 5

Time: 10 AM - 4 PM

JenniePenny 02-02-2012 12:02 PM

Much more fun than football, I think! Thanks for spreading the word.

Vanuatu Jill 02-02-2012 12:08 PM

Oh-how I wish I was even remotely close to KS!!! Good luck-I am sure it will all go and be well loved by other quilters/crafters!!

icon17 02-02-2012 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter (Post 4935736)
This info is from an email from Quilter's Quarters - quilt shop in Kansas. I sure hope some of you live nearby this sale.

A dear friend and customer passed away two years ago and I promised her that when her husband was ready I would help move her fabric and supplies. We will be having an estate sale for her on Superbowl Sunday. We will hold it in her home from 10AM until 4PM.

This sale is not part of the shop, so we are unable to offer it to our on-line shoppers. We apologize for this, but it is a local thing only.

This will be a CASH ONLY sale and please bring small denomination bills as we will not have access to the banks that day for change.

Please remember that this is an ESTATE SALE, not a yard sale, it would not be right to try to nickel/dime the prices. We will not negotiate the prices on anything.

FAT QUARTERS $1.00 each
HALF YARD CUTS $2.00 each
YARDAGE WILL $4.00 per yard, it is all marked and it will not be cut, winner take all!
JELLYROLLS $12.00 each
CHARM PACKS $3.00 each
LAYER CAKES $12.00 each
HARDCOVER BOOKS $5.00 each
PAPERBACK BOOKS $2.00 each
KITS WILL BE MARKED ½ OF THE ORIGINAL PRICE
NOTIONS WILL BE ½ OF THE ORIGINAL PRICE

There is a lot of cross stitch merchandise as well.

There are quite a few battings and pillow forms.

One Universal sewing machine in the cabinet $35.00

She also has a BabyLock quilting machine that to the best of my knowledge has been used 20 times.

Magazines will be 4 for $1.00

Thank you all for helping make this successful for her husband.

Estate Sale Location: 824 BLUEBERRY, LANSING, KS

Day: Sunday, February 5

Time: 10 AM - 4 PM

After your done you have to Let us know how the sale turned out!

luvTooQuilt 02-02-2012 02:46 PM

Always a sad moment when we lose a fellow quilter.....
Hope the sale is a huge success... Prayers to the family she left behind..

ziegamomma 02-03-2012 07:03 AM

What a wonderful gift to the family of your former customer. I know you will miss seeing her in your store. This is customer service to the max, and another reason to shop you LQS and not the big box stores.

sweetana3 02-03-2012 10:04 AM

I just went to a long time quilters estate sale. Her daughters priced all fabric by the pound and that way they did not have to measure any pieces. If you got a lot of smalls or jelly rolls or scraps it all was $4 a pound. It was so much faster and easier. She had an entire room devoted to fabric and there was only room for about six women to stand (not bend over) and reach and grab. We all had to find a place to pile our stuff.

Great items and I walked out with 7 kits, a huge huge bag of fabric, some cross stitch kits which I have finished already, and several books.

But the best idea was to sell by the pound and have two scales. One for the checkout and one for people with questions on what something weighs. Note: A pound of standard cotton fabric is about 5 ounces.

nstitches4u 02-03-2012 03:56 PM

I am not that far from Lansing, but I'm sure all the best goodies will be gone by the time I can get there after church. It sounds like there will be some great bargains.

craftymatt2 02-04-2012 08:12 AM

So sad for your loss but what a nice person you are to do this for her husband, wish i lived closer.