Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Quilt shops in the Atlanta area? >

Quilt shops in the Atlanta area?

Quilt shops in the Atlanta area?

Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 AM

We're heading over to Atlanta for a few days and I'd like to hit up a store or two while we're there. We normally stay in the Douglasville (is that spelling right?) area but travel around the greater Atlanta area doing stuff. I'm hoping to find a shop with some good reproduction fabric selection (mostly Civil War but 30's would be great too).

Anyone over that way have some suggestions on stores?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:23 AM

You absolutely have to stop at Little Quilts in Marietta. they have a marvelous selection of civil war repro, as well as most everything else. 30's, kits, wools, batiks, Fassett brights, Amy Butler, you name it and its there. Not only that, they ALL really know what they're talking about. I've been a loyal customer for the last 18 years and love the shop.
Karen
PM me if you want to know about more.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 PM

There is Quilt and Fixins in Jonesboro,and also the Scarlett Thread in Mcdonough on Jodeco Rd. Jonesboro isn't that far from Atlanta and really Scarlett Thread isn't real far from there. Those are the 2 closest to me and I love to go to them.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM

Also if you are going to Marietta, go to the Red Hen there. I also love that store.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:52 PM

The stores on the northside of Atlanta are nice. There is Patrick's in Covington. It is located in a feed and seed store with a lot of homemade goodies. Scarlet Thread is nice for a large variety. Conyers has a quilt shop that reminds me of the 1800's. Probably cause that is when the building was probably built. There is also a wonderful shop in the square of Newnan. The quilt shop in Decatur has mostly bright and cheerful fabrics. Folks at all of these are super nice.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:56 PM

I live in the Conyers GA and when we have the shophop I leave home early in the morning and make all the shops except for Conyers and Covington. I do them the next day. Depending on your time limit, I would not worry too much about going towards the Snellville or Buford area. Yes, these shops are nice but nothing you can't find at the other shops and they are harder to get to.

Feel free to pm me if you want more info. Google quilt shops in Atlanta and you can map out your roadtrip. Have fun!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Also Tiny Stitches in Marietta area as well. There are lots of shops in the surrounding Atlanta area. Have fun!!