Quilt Shops- Santa Barbara

Old 09-20-2010, 02:42 PM
RDM

Traveling to Santa Barbara/Goleta and wondering if anyone has quilt store recommendations for that area. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:34 PM

There is a nice quilt shop in Carpinteria called The Treasure Hunt on Maple Street. That is a little south of SB.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:00 PM

I just checked back to this message hoping there were some more quilt shop recomendations! Have fun anyhow!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by RDM
Traveling to Santa Barbara/Goleta and wondering if anyone has quilt store recommendations for that area. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
The quilt store in Carpinteria is very nice. However, I've looked in Santa Barbara/Goleta and the one advertised in phone book does not exist any more. But have fun.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:13 PM

I live in Lompoc, about an hour north of SB. In Buellton, is a place called "Creation Station". Itr is a fun place to go.(252 East Hwy 246--toward Solvang) In Orcutt, about another hour further north, is quilt store in old town Orcutt. Further north in Santa Maria , on south Broadwayis a fabric store called Betty's. It has a HUGE section of batiks plus a lot of other cottons-great store--but not necessarily a specialty quilt store. I'm sorry that I don't have the addresses for these stores Then further north in Nipomo, is a darling quilt store on the eadt side of 101--but I can't remember the name...

Enjoy---Suzi
Old 09-23-2010, 12:14 PM

I live in Lompoc, about an hour north of SB. In Buellton, is a place called "Creation Station". Itr is a fun place to go.(252 East Hwy 246--toward Solvang) In Orcutt, about another hour further north, is quilt store in old town Orcutt. Further north in Santa Maria , on south Broadwayis a fabric store called Betty's. It has a HUGE section of batiks plus a lot of other cottons-great store--but not necessarily a specialty quilt store. I'm sorry that I don't have the addresses for these stores Then further north in Nipomo, is a darling quilt store on the eadt side of 101--but I can't remember the name...

Enjoy---Suzi :-P :P
Old 09-23-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by SUZI'S

Enjoy---Suzi :-P :P
I, too, am happy to have this info as my hubby and I go up the coast quite often. Thanks for sharing with all of us.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:03 PM

I'll be moving to Santa Barbara in the fall and I'm sad that they have no quilting shops. It amazes me that the one quilting shop that did open recently barely lasted a year.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:11 AM

My daughter is attending Cal Poly SLO in Sept so we went up during her spring break to check out the area and take a tour of the campus. In San Luis Obispo there was a shop called Betty's Fabrics. I didn't have a chance to check it out but it looked quite large from the outside. If you are driving around SLO you can't miss it.

We are going back up again in August so I will hopefully have a chance to check it out and report back. :)
Old 06-20-2011, 01:43 PM

Sadly, Treasure Hunt is going out (gone by now?), So the nearest shops are about 45 minutes away.

I have just started quilting this year and I find myself driving to Ventura (Quilt Ventura, located next to a yarn and bead store as well), Thousand Oaks (Cotton & Chocolate) and Buellton (Creation Station).
These 3 are great and worth the drive. Then there are about 8 in the Santa maria/SLO/Paso Robles areas that are worth a weekend trip :)