Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt show and raffle quilt

Quilt show and raffle quilt

Last year I posted some pictures from our guild's quilt show and people wanted to be notified when it was this year so they could plan for it. Last year we had over 300 quilts entered in the show. Plus we have, I think, 12 or 15 vendors signed up. It's always a great show. Our guild was also chosen as the featured guild for next year's Northwest Quilt Expo in Portland, Oregon. This year the show will be on April 13-15, 2012, in Roseburg, Oregon. The quilt show rules and forms are listed on our website, http://www.umpquavalleyquilters.com/quiltshow.php The take-in day for quilts for the show is April 6. We also have a raffle quilt. LeAnne
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-05-2012 at 08:46 AM.

That is a beautiful quilt! Hope you enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
    I live on the other side of the country, so won't be attending, but hope you have a wonderful show. Just love the quilt you posted. What is that pattern? Thanks
    Kitsy

Quote Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post

I live on the other side of the country so won't be able to attend. Love the quilt you posted. What is that pattern? Thanks
    Kitsy

It was designed for our guild by Cheryl Malkowski. She has a book out called "Blocks to Diamonds." Even though this pattern is not in the book, there are ones similar. We have a group of ladies that gets together to design our raffle quilts each year. Cheryl designed the center of the quilt and another member designed the applique. The picture doesn't show it well, but the fabric makes it look like ice crystals.

FLQ
    The raffle quilt is gorgeous! I hope you will post some photos again for those of us who are too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by kwilter11 View Post
    It was designed for our guild by Cheryl Malkowski. She has a book out called "Blocks to Diamonds." Even though this pattern is not in the book, there are ones similar. We have a group of ladies that gets together to design our raffle quilts each year. Cheryl designed the center of the quilt and another member designed the applique. The picture doesn't show it well, but the fabric makes it look like ice crystals.
    You have some very talented people in your guild.

wow...amazing...!!