quilt show in SACO MAINE?????

Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 AM

I am on vacation in Kennebunkport, Maine. Last year, there was a small quilt show in a church in Saco, Maine. I can't find any information about the quilt show. Does anyone from southern Maine know about this quilt show? Is there one this year? I tried google and can't find anything. There isn't anything in the tourist news either. It is raining again and I need something to do...

Are there any local quilt shops nearby to Kennebunkport?
Old 06-24-2011, 05:18 AM

Found this:
http://www.sacospirit.com/artfest2011.html and this:
http://www.mainequilts.org/quilt_shops.htm
So sorry about the weather. It's my official first day of school vacation and I planned to dig in the dirt. We have the same weather you do.

There is a shop in Biddeford too. Tony's Sewing Center.. I haven't been there yet.
Good luck - let me know what you ended up finding. I'm originally from southern Maine. Oh, and if you go up the highway to Freeport, check out Cottonweeds. Great shop.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:25 AM

Oh and Knight's Quilt shop in Cape Neddick is fairly close to you. That's a nice shop too. And there is a Marden's in Sanford, Maine. If you haven't heard of those, they are are big endlots kinds of stores. There is a big fabric department there with better than LQS prices. I've found fabric there that I bought at Keepsake Quilting. You do have to be a little picky. Some of the fabric is not the greatest but I've found South Seas, Maywood Studios, Thimbleberries there. It tends to be last year's stuff so buy enough for any project since you may never find it again.
:)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 AM

Thanks!!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 AM

You're welcome. Hope you find something fun to do! If you get to Tony's, let me know what you think.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:26 AM

definately go to Mardens if you want fabric.....the best ever in prices and selection
Old 06-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Hi I'm originally from Biddeford and was there in April visiting my family, who still all live there. I've researched the quilt show in Saco, and appearently it was only last year. If you go to Sanford, there is also Kathie's Quilt Shoppe on Rte. 224. She is really worth really worth checking out, as is Knight's Quilt Shop on Rte. 1. While you're at Knight's, you can pick a little brochure that lists all the Maine quilt shops. There's also Sanford Sewing Machine on Main St. didn't get to check them out yet. Tony's in Biddeford doesn't have as much fabric as he used too, but you can still check him out too. Have fun, and enjoy my corner of heaven.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:00 AM

Don't forget to go to MARDEN'S. It is a type of general store but they do carry fabric at great prices. There are I think 5 stores in the state. One for sure that carries fabric is in Alfred. ME not far from you. I think the main store is near the state capital. So call the nearest store and find out. Everyone knows where a Marden's is and it is a quilting find.

Good luck.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
I am on vacation in Kennebunkport, Maine. Last year, there was a small quilt show in a church in Saco, Maine. I can't find any information about the quilt show. Does anyone from southern Maine know about this quilt show? Is there one this year? I tried google and can't find anything. There isn't anything in the tourist news either. It is raining again and I need something to do...

Are there any local quilt shops nearby to Kennebunkport?
Go to MaineQuilts.org. for PinetreeQuiltersGuild. There is a lot of info. Shops, shows, etc. Morning Glory
Old 07-01-2011, 04:15 AM

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. We don't hold the Quilt Show every year. We have done it twice with a year between, but I'm not sure we'll be doing another one. It's a lot of work for a few people and it has to be something the group decides to do.