Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: RETREATS

I am from Louisiana. I am jealous of all the retreats up north. Are there quilting people here that have retreats? If so, I would like to know about it. Or are all quilters in the northern states the only ones who do this?

QKO
    I don't know about Louisiana, but out here in the wild west there are plenty of quilting retreats. Indeed, Cindy left yesterday for her annual Halloween weekend retreat up in the mountains at a dude ranch.

I googled "louisiana quilt retreat" and came up with a few hits.

Someone is doing one in Feb. in LaGrange, TX. Come on over and you can visit the new Texas Quilting Museum which is there too.

Or why not put together your own retreat? I just went to one last weekend that Debbie Umphress (who's on QB) put together. It was so fun!

Good luck!

Suzanne

Thanks. Who would i contact about the retreat in TX? I think i need to go to a retreat inorder to plan an event. I am excited that there is one close enough i could plan for.

Blog Entries
    I just went to my first quilt retreat this fall! It was fun sewing all day with other quilters and seeing what everyone is making! Made some new friends and hooked up with some I haven't seen for awhile!!! Our quilt store "Greenbaums Quilted Forest" has three or four a year. The next one is on the coast in January 2012. :lol:

I just got back from one this weekend here in GA. WE have quite a few here, I THINK each state does. Depends on how many quilters you have, I guess. You could ask your LQS and maybe start one! :)
    How far would you want to travel?!!? YOu can come to GA!

Missouri State Quilter's Guild hold's theirs in October. Go go MSQG.org and and check it out. They usually post pics and a quarterly newsletter, 'Ravelings'. It's always fun and a great time!