Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Richmond, VA quilters

Blog Entries
    Any interest in getting together? The Mechanicsville library has some pretty large meeting rooms. We could have a sew-in and some munchies. I get more accomplished when I have a sewing buddy and I'd love to meet some fellow Richmond quilters.

I live in Doswell....I would love to come out and see what others are working on as well - I do mostly machine based sewing .....but it would be a great venue to organize a charm swap, or FQ swap, or Block swap...... I think it would be neat to meet other local quilters and not feel obligate to buy something at other places I go to see other quilters you know? :) (if that makes any sense)

Blog Entries
    I used to live in Ruther Glen so I know exactly where you are. I have a friend in Goochland who would probably join us. I'm hoping we can find some more Richmonders!

I don't know anyone who quilts on this side of town - I know people who dabble but not people who would take somebody out for a FQ hehe. You think if maybe we put a sign up at the mechanicsville library and meet there for the first time it might draw others??? The first couple of times might be sparse but once you get a group together for a couple of hours - the word will spread and I'm sure we have a few closet case quilters out there ;) what do you think? Once a month? Sunday afternoon Or Saturday Morning? oooh quilts and coffee and donuts...Just brainstorming here.....lol