Road to California quilt show

Old 01-24-2016, 01:46 PM

Default Road to California quilt show

I was wondering if the quilt show was as crowded as it was in past years. I was not able to attend this year. Thank you
Old 01-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Probably. That is why I don't attend it any more along with the expense of the admittance and the parking also are a little bit too high for my budget. I would rather spend money on more fabric at my LQS. There are so many images posted on Google where I find a lots of inspiration along with what is posted on this board.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:16 PM

My friend and I went on Thursday and it was crowded. We got there at 9:15 and it was already busy. By 1 we were ready to leave. But I have spent the last 2 days trying to decide if I wanted to go back. The entrance fee is $15.00 but it gives you entry for all 4 days. Parking is $9.00 with a very nice shuttle. Being from San Diego where parking at our show is $10.00 and no shuttle we thought it was a bargain. Both of us spent a bit of money but we did not eat there. This year there plenty of sitting area if you knew where to look.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Not as busy as some years and everything was pricey. We did have a lot of fun. Yes a one time fee for all days but I can not afford to stay over night so it ends up being $15 for one day. I end up coming early and leaving late. A bit much for me. Fortunately my 18 year old DD drove and carried my stuff. We took our own food and went on Friday. Many items were already out by that time or well picked over. I would have prefered to go thursday but DD is in college. One of my friends went with us so she helped pay for parking off setting the cost some. I definitely plan to go again and also plan to go to the San Diego one.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:13 PM

We usually go on Thurs. and it is usually packed, but this year, we went on Friday and it was busy but not as much so as on Thurs. I spoke with one of the vendors and asked her how she was doing? She said that Thurs. was packed and business was great. I understand that some of the vendors ran out of things.
We had a great time. Arrived about 10 and went home about 3. The show was good. There seemed to be more applique this year and there was a lot of glitz on many styles of quilt. The Best of Show was a stunner!
I got a snowflake stencil that I wanted and a pattern that I had been looking for. There were a lot of new items: patterns, Christmas decorations, etc. I got 2 new hand dyed t-shirts. They last forever and fit me perfectly! I belong to North Cities Quilt Guild and I saw a lot of our members there on Fri.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:38 AM

This year was my first at Road. There were nine of us from Alaska, three of which winter in California or Arizona. We all took different classes throughout the week, and I think for the most part our expectations were met or exceeded. Of course, the show was spectacular, so much talent! Plus, I think all of us had ample shopportunities! I talked to quite a number of other people, most from the area, and they seemed to really be enjoying their visit.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:34 PM

I just tried to go to a quilt show in Phoenix, It was so crowded it was not fun. So I spent the time visiting the local stores. Loved seeing all the different fabrics and ideas at each one.