Rowbyrow experience

Old 07-17-2015, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

I've been collecting some patterns, but haven't stitched anything yet~~
Old 07-17-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by connietoo View Post
Was wondering if it was against the rules to ask if I could have these patterns sent to me from different states? I wish they would make a book with all these patterns. I would sure buy one.
Let me know what you find out.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by connietoo View Post
Was wondering if it was against the rules to ask if I could have these patterns sent to me from different states?
Officially, The shops cannot sell or give away their pattern or kits except to someone who is in their shop in person, until November 1st. Then you can purchase it online or by phone.

That said, I have heard of individuals collecting and trading with people in other locations.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:09 AM

Some of the stores will post their patterns (after November 1) on their website for free, others sell their patterns. I have done some of the Row by Row with friends and had a wonderful time. If you go to the website, it's organized so that you can find participating stores on the map. Most of the stores patterns are shown on Facebook. You go to the photos by state.

I did some last year after I finished making things for Christmas gifts. I have had fun learning new quilting techniques with the rows. This year I am thinking of only doing the complete rows that really appeal and making a portion of other rows to have more of a sampler quilt.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:10 PM

I am collecting a few. I made one last night and like some I haven't finished the ones from last year. I live in Ohio and there is one in Colorado I need. Technically you have to go to the shop and get the ones you want. The shops aren't allowd to mail them out until November 1. I had a friend mail me one from norther Ohio. ( I guess I am a cheater:-)
Old 07-22-2015, 11:24 AM

I am collecting patterns and buying kits if I fall in love with the fabrics they have chosen. I have yet to put any together but love the opportunity to go running around looking at new quilt shops. I have relatives visiting stores in States I won't get to very soon. The pattern is free and the folks willing to go into the store to get the pattern for me seem to be having a good time. I've gotten a couple folks interested in making a quilt now, too. This is a wonderful way to encourage new quilters and get new business revenue! I wasn't planning on spending as much money as I have but the treasures I have found during this event are wonderful!!!! Now for time to quilt.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:37 PM

I wasn't interested. A friend bought me one from a shop a way away from here. Told I wasn't interested. She said she'd give it to her secret pal at the guild. Went to guild yesterday and my secret pal gave me six of them. One is from New Hampshire and one from New York. Other from around here in California. Now I'm looking at others. Excited to do them. Thanks, Secret Pal!
Old 07-23-2015, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I am collecting patterns and buying kits if I fall in love with the fabrics they have chosen. I have yet to put any together but love the opportunity to go running around looking at new quilt shops. I have relatives visiting stores in States I won't get to very soon. The pattern is free and the folks willing to go into the store to get the pattern for me seem to be having a good time. I've gotten a couple folks interested in making a quilt now, too. This is a wonderful way to encourage new quilters and get new business revenue! I wasn't planning on spending as much money as I have but the treasures I have found during this event are wonderful!!!! Now for time to quilt.
This is the first time I've gone to more than a couple of shops. I am the same way, if I love the fabric and the design of the row, I buy the kit. It's been fun going to different shops and exploring. I got to go to several while on vacation and loved doing this.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:00 PM

Yes, I have collected 4 patterns so far. My husband was not very cooperative about stopping at quilt shops on a recent 3-state trip, so I hope to drive to a few of the closer-to-home shops tomorrow.
No, it is not supposed to be fair to have someone else pick up a pattern for you, or to copy and share. We are supposed to visit each shop whose pattern we use, even if it is just to run in and say "My husband won't let me shop today. May I just have your RowByRow pattern, please?" (Which I did for each of the 4 patterns I have so far!)
Old 07-24-2015, 04:03 AM

I have three so far from the West Coast of Florida. I hope to get at least one more before we leave next week. Then, I'm off to Maine and will probably check out some shops in NH. I have a mermaid, an ocean scene with mermaid tales and a rubber ducky in a bird bath. The last one is vertical instead of horizontal which is neat. I'm just getting the patterns so far. I think they would make cute table runners or skinny wall hangings by themselves. It is like a treasure hunt seeing what the different shops have offered. I'm hoping to find a lighthouse one.