Shop hop all of my own

Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 AM

When I go out of town I buy something from each quilt shop I go to and when I get home, I put them in a box and think on them every once in a while as to what I am going to do. I have decided on a rose/teal as the main colors and it is going to be my "Vacation" quilt (the first vacations without my husband (2013)) and I wanted it to show that I am ok, that even though I miss him with all my heart, I know I can make it. And, it will be a strip quilt! Why, you ask? Because a jelly roll doesn't take up that much room when you're traveling. I now have five jelly rolls, some little 2-1/2" squares and some fat quarters. This way, I will keep track of where I got the fabric, when I got the fabric, who I went to visit and put it all in a book, so I will have something to remember a very hard to get through special time in my life. Then when I figure I have enough fabric, I will sew the strips altogether and cut and sew and cut and sew and when I run out of the fabric, I will have a quilt. That is my own Fab Shop Hop!!!!!! Edie
Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 AM

If you go to Boothbay Harbor, and I agree it is a lovely place and where the movie Carousel was filmed, be sure and head just due north to Camden Maine. The harbor is lovely, they have big ship cruises and you can have a nice lobster dinner right on the dock that runs almost the entire length of the town, right on the harbor. My very favorite place to do in Maine.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:59 PM

Roberta, thank you for the tip on the big ship cruise and lobster dinner. That is the idea we are looking for! I heard of one place that is an island ...... there is a family that owns it and has lobster bakes. Any idea on this?
Old 07-08-2014, 04:07 PM

Knight's Quilt Shop in York, Maine (on Route 1) is well worth the trip, but may be too far south for you. Keepsake Quilting is about one hour's drive from Concord (north) and a must if you are up this way. Definitely check out the "Row by Row" website for a list of different shops in both NH and Maine.

Enjoy your trip! New England is a great place to visit...and to live! Ask me how I know....
Old 07-14-2014, 01:28 PM

I agree, Knight's Quilt shop in Cape Neddick is one I really like. I also like Portsmouth Fabric Co in Portsmouth, NH which is right before you hit Maine. Portsmouth is a great town to walk around in too. I am not sure where you will be in relation to these shops in VT, but I really love Waterwheel House Quilt Shop in Londonderry, she has great bright, happy fabrics! There is also Country Treasures in Chester - this place was pretty big if I remember correctly. Also in VT, if you are any where near Queche, you should check out Simon Pierce (there are several other locals too). I grew up in NE and love it!! Have a great trip, Meghan