Shop hop all of my own

Old 07-04-2014, 04:41 AM

Cool Shop hop all of my own

With such a diverse group - I know you can all help out. I will be traveling for two weeks in (Concord) NH, (Augusta and coastal) ME and (Bennington) VT. Have the luxury of stopping for shopping along the way. Naturally I am looking for quilt/fabric stores near these locations. Since the 'locals' know the best places for everything, I am asking for your suggestions! Thanks!
Old 07-04-2014, 05:01 AM

Sorry I don't know that area at all but I'm sure you will get some good suggestions! You will have so much fun visiting new quilt shops.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:15 AM

Be sure to check out the row by row shop hop. It will give you ideas per state. Since they are participating, you will get current stores. Also Quilters Club of America has an app for your phone. It is a little tricky, since longarmers are listed also, but they have phone numbers so you can call before you get too far off track.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:17 AM

Keepsake Quilt Shop is up that way.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:09 AM

Lizzy Stitch is in Concord, NH. They are participating in the Row by Row. The Golden Goose is also in Concord. Go to www.mardens.com to find where they have fabric at their Maine stores. Keepsake Quilting is in Center Harbor, NH and worth the stop if you are near. They have a fabulous shop!! Those are my suggestions.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:30 AM

Keepsake can be a little overwhelming; best to have a project or at least a theme in mind when you go in!
Old 07-05-2014, 04:06 AM

No suggestions from me since I am a long way from there, but love love love the idea of a shop hop all of my own. I think I will have to put that on my bucket list. Have a wonderful time but be careful traveling!
Old 07-05-2014, 04:42 AM

I can't help on the shops, but I've traveled in that area a few times. It's beautiful! Enjoy your trip!
Old 07-05-2014, 05:29 AM

In Augusta, right in the downtown area, there is a cute little quilt shop. Sorry I don't know the name and it is small but they are very nice.
In Hallowell, ME there is a wonderful quilt shop again right among the antique shops. I think Hallowell should be on anyone's "to do" list if coming to Maine, quaint little town right on the river with tons of antique shops.
Just a few miles south of there in Gardiner is another quilt shop right in the downtown. I believe the name of that is Mystic Quilts.
Heading to the coast be sure and stop in Freeport, ME for the quilt shop there. It is just before the main drag of "downtown" where all the outlet malls are.
Perhaps other know of some I don't or can supply the names of these shops so Deb and make sure not to miss them.
Oh, and I almost forgot, check out any Marden's store you come across. They are all over the state and have wonderful material at very reasonable prices.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:21 PM

Thanks! This is a great start! I was also told to go go Boothbay Harbor as it is just another must do little town. This trip is all about the 'authentic' local stuff.....not the regular tourist 'traps'. Bennington is another stop we are doing, for the pottery and the covered bridges, but I am looking for shophops there as well.