Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Shop recommendations in Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ottawa

Hi Folks!

We are shortly to spend ten days in Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ottawa. As time is limited I was wondering if anyone could recommend patchwork / quilting shops in those areas.

Many thanks,

Daysiedoolittle

Blog Entries
    Jealous! We're actually going to Niagara Falls this week but dh doesn't want to do any shopping (other than souvenirs and even that he could do without). I never push it since we're always pressed for time with all the other things to do.

dmh
    I was just in Niagara Falls for vacation. Found a quilt shop very close. The name is The Patchwork Porch, Niagara Falls. They have a web site you can get directions that way. It was a great shop, and very nice owners. ENJOY, I did. :)
    Blessings to you,
    Debbie

There are a lot of great shops in Toronto depending on what part of the city you will be in. My lqs is Quilter's Pallette in the west end & Sew-Sisters in the North end just a few minutes from the 401. Both have web sites
    Don't know of any in Ottawa perhaps someone else will.
    Have a great holiday her in our area.

If possible make a day trip to the Port Dover area - Len's Mill Store has tons of fabric. In Simcoe there is a quilt shop, Waterford has a quilt shop, Renton has a quilt shop, Selkirk has a quilt shop, Normandale has a quilt shop and Caledonia has a quilt shop - all within a half hour of port Dover. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daysiedoolittle
    Hi Folks!

We are shortly to spend ten days in Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ottawa. As time is limited I was wondering if anyone could recommend patchwork / quilting shops in those areas.

Many thanks,

Daysiedoolittle
    When you get to Ottawa, go visit www.therunningstitch.ca Great shop :)

Blog Entries
    I would recommend Lens Mill Stores, there are several around the Southern Ontario area, just Google it and you can choose a spot. As for Toronto, I go to Evelyns's Sewing Center (the Quilt Shop) in Newmarket (north of Toronto) , in Oshawa I like the Ultimate Sewing Center (right off the 401 east of Toronto), in Scarborough (Eastern Toronto) there is the Quilting Patch, a charming store run by real quilters. In Ottawa there is the Quilters Quarters in Almonte, about 1/2 hour west of Ottawa. I don't know any shops in Ottawa as I live in Toronto. All of these places have websites. If you would like to PM me, I could send a recommendation for a few restaurants too.