Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: So excited about Houston show!

So excited about Houston show!

Hey, I was thinking, since the Houston quilt show is coming up, why don't we all wear those little "Hello, my name is" nametags and put our Quilting Board name on them, with the city and state, and the words "Quilting Board" on them so we can perchance meet each other, those of us who are fortunate enough to be able to go to the show?

I'd love to meet and put a face with a name of those wonderful people who have been so helpful with my craft and creative outlet!

So....are you with me?
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

Sounds good to me. I'll have to find one of them. I wonder where I can find them? Should be easy to get

I'll give it a try....

Usually you can pick them up at an office supply store, or maybe even Wal-mart. I would suggest using a safety pin instead of relying on the sticky back since I can never seem to get them to stay on after about 5 minutes.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Also, be sure to look for the posted messages boards usually somewhere upstairs on 2nd or 3rd floors. Many groups leave messages there for a time/place to meet during the show.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

That is a neat idea! Maybe someday I'll be in the states in Nov and can make it to the Houston show!

Cool Idea! I am already planning to make one for a different board as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
    Hey, I was thinking, since the Houston quilt show is coming up, why don't we all wear those little "Hello, my name is" nametags and put our Quilting Board name on them, with the city and state, and the words "Quilting Board" on them so we can perchance meet each other, those of us who are fortunate enough to be able to go to the show?

I'd love to meet and put a face with a name of those wonderful people who have been so helpful with my craft and creative outlet!

So....are you with me?
    Great idea...now if I can remember it!!! See you at the show. Will be there Thurs and Friday