Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soup is on!

I made turkey stew the day after Christmas, it lasted the week. So last night I baked a ham along with scalloped potatoes and green been casserole. So we have plenty of left overs for today and tomorrow.

Can't do the ham hocks and beans - we ate that so much when I was little, I promised myself as an adult I would never have to eat it gain. My older sister thinks it is wonderful. I love green lima beans, but not the dried version. I give my ham bones to a friend that likes the split pea soup. So it works out well.

I really love minestrone soup - need to think about making that next weekend....... Winter is so wonderful for stews and soups.

Black-eyed peas with ham. Cornbread and a side of cabbage (in my case Japanese-style pancakes.) Except for the pancakes, can you guess I'm a southerner?

I made Shrimp Bisque last week, and today made a pot of Split Pea and Ham soup. (Both the shrimp & ham was leftover from the holidays)
    To QUILT is human.
    To FINISH is divine.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...4369F3FA17.png

Tomorrow night is turkey noodle soup!!

Dee
    Made pork roast and saurkraut tonite. WIll make soup tomorrow. Sounds and will taste good. Expecting snow and wind Monday. Guess winter will come in now as the great lion. It was 50 today.

Yes, I can tell you are from TX. We had Black-eyed peas with ham and cornbread. And Cabbage wrapped pork with sourkraute made by our neighbor (not a southern dish, though).

Quote Originally Posted by marymm View Post
    Black-eyed peas with ham. Cornbread and a side of cabbage (in my case Japanese-style pancakes.) Except for the pancakes, can you guess I'm a southerner?

Blog Entries
    Potato or broccoli cheese soup!

Blog Entries
    I wish I had time to make a pot of soup. Unfortunately a family emergency has come up and I will be traveling. Those soups all sound so delicious and comforting. I made pork and saurkraut about a month ago and loved it. I froze the leftover..never did that before..does anyone know if it will still taste good after freezing it?
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000 View Post
    Butter beans with ham hock fresh baked bread and homemade butter. Yummmmm. I will walk the dogs two extra blocks tomorrow but it was so good. Does anyone,besides me, like cold butter bean sandwiches?
    Have never eaten cold butter bean sandwiches, but often have made cold baked bean sandwiches. Use to send them in DH's lunch. After he got over his surprise at the first sandwich he likes them.
    Barb
    prolific hand quilter

Quote Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
    Roast pork with saurkraut. It was really good and enough for tomorrow.
    ohhh now this sounds good. I have done with with sausage but not the pork roast.
    Could you share the recipe please?
    Renea

A quilting I will go......

www.somethinginthemaking.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast