Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Are there any quilters in Philly near the University? Area quilt shops?

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany

Are there any quilters in Philly near the University? Area quilt shops?

Hi,
    I'm here taking a class and would love to meet quilters or visit a shop. Walking and a cab is my mood of transportation.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Not sure of any quilt shops specifically but there is 'fabric row' I want to say around 2nd street south of Broad Street. If you google Philly fabric row you'll get specific locations. Haven't been there in a couple of years. Honestly didn't find much quilting fabs but lots of others - home dec, garment and trims beyond belief. Which university are you taking your class?

There are some quilt shops in the area I like Cloth and Bobbin 235 Haverford Ave. I believe it's quick to find through SEPTA. There are some guilds through MEETUP and finally fabric row has changed so much in the last years, Its more like upholstery focused row.

Although I live several hours away, DD lives is Philadelphia. There is Steve's Sew and Vac in King of Prussia. Not tons of fabrics, but the selection they do have is lovely. Old City Quilts in Burlington, NJ looks lovely and I hope to get there someday. Although it's just over the river, it's about an hour away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi View Post
    Hi,
    I'm here taking a class and would love to meet quilters or visit a shop. Walking and a cab is my mood of transportation.
    Hi Sienna's GIGI, I am from Navarre, just south of Massillon on Route 21. I miss Ohio.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.