Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: trip from Texas to Bristol, Tn

  1. #1
    Junior Member marvellove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    106
    My husband and I will be taking a trip from Texas to Bristol, Tn.
    So excited, going to the NASCAR race!!!
    Was wondering about quilt shops along I-40. Won't have much time to shop but if they are easy to find, I might can talk him into stopping.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paige, Texas
    Posts
    1,116
    I hope you 2 have a great trip you will see some great country going and coming form that part of tenn. My ex lives right over the mountain from the race track in Tenn You should be able to google the trip for shops.
    I watch Nascar everyweek. I have always wanted to go to that track to watch the races but have never been there at the right time.

  3. #3
    Junior Member marvellove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    106
    ok, thank you texas granny.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    greenwood, La.
    Posts
    126
    so jealous, my husband and i went to Richmond last year for a nascar race, we had a blast, so much fun!!!!!

  5. #5
    Junior Member marvellove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by linda mote
    so jealous, my husband and i went to Richmond last year for a nascar race, we had a blast, so much fun!!!!!
    The only other race I have been to was Talladega. Dale Earnhardt won!!! It was quite a party. Fixen to watch the Nationwide race.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,963
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by marvellove
    My husband and I will be taking a trip from Texas to Bristol, Tn.
    So excited, going to the NASCAR race!!!
    Was wondering about quilt shops along I-40. Won't have much time to shop but if they are easy to find, I might can talk him into stopping.
    Coming to Bristol in August??????

    Don't know of any shops near the track, but I live 30 miles from the track and we hope to go for the truck race if not the others. Don't have tickets for the big race (yet) ;)

    There are a few shops in Johnson City - 20 + mins from track. How far out of your way are you willing to drive to shop? Actually it depends on how you come they may be on your way to the track....

    I am working on opening one, but it won't be even near ready by then - maybe by the spring race! Do you come to the spring race?


    There are also several of the Barn quilts in the area - Appalachian Quilt Trail.

    Have a safe trip and stay in touch!

    Phyllis

  7. #7
    Junior Member marvellove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    Quote Originally Posted by marvellove
    My husband and I will be taking a trip from Texas to Bristol, Tn.
    So excited, going to the NASCAR race!!!
    Was wondering about quilt shops along I-40. Won't have much time to shop but if they are easy to find, I might can talk him into stopping.
    Coming to Bristol in August??????

    Don't know of any shops near the track, but I live 30 miles from the track and we hope to go for the truck race if not the others. Don't have tickets for the big race (yet) ;)

    There are a few shops in Johnson City - 20 + mins from track. How far out of your way are you willing to drive to shop? Actually it depends on how you come they may be on your way to the track....

    I am working on opening one, but it won't be even near ready by then - maybe by the spring race! Do you come to the spring race?


    There are also several of the Barn quilts in the area - Appalachian Quilt Trail.

    Have a safe trip and stay in touch!

    Phyllis
    Our tickets came in the mail today! They are for the races in August. This was a big surprise for me. No, we don't go often.
    Also, I don't know how he will go after we leave Murfreesboro, Tn. Stopping to see my son. He will go anywhere if we have the time.
    So your going to open a quilt shop? Thats so exciting. Would like to keep up with you on your opening.
    I love barn quilts. We seen several in Iowa. So cool. I didn't know what they were at first.

  8. #8
    Super Member Maggiesmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    2,017
    Blog Entries
    1
    There are two in particular that are just off of I-40 less than Neither very far from the exits. The first is Little Blessings on the East side of Crossville TN. The other is just off the exit at Harriman, Tn; but at the moment I cannot remember its name. They are both very nice shops. I shop at Little Blessings more often because we RV and stay at a park near there. I have only been to the other once. It too is a nicely stocked Quilt Shop.

  9. #9
    Junior Member marvellove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    106
    Thank you, McQuilter,
    I will make a note and try and look them up.
    Bet your having fun RVing

  10. #10
    Senior Member quilting.addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bethlehem, GA
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuilter
    There are two in particular that are just off of I-40 less than Neither very far from the exits. The first is Little Blessings on the East side of Crossville TN. The other is just off the exit at Harriman, Tn; but at the moment I cannot remember its name. They are both very nice shops. I shop at Little Blessings more often because we RV and stay at a park near there. I have only been to the other once. It too is a nicely stocked Quilt Shop.
    I too loved the Little Blessings shop, because we were pulling a 27' camper and there was room in their parking lot for us. I love when we have the camper and the weather is cool...DH takes a nap, I shop. Nice folks there. Don't know where you will pick up I-81, but I suspect that it is not long after you pass the exit 407 on I-40 that takes you to Pigeon Forge/Dollywood area. If you can sneak in an hour to shop, you need to go to the shop in Sevierville (maybe 7 miles from the interstate). http://www.quiltingatthecherrypit.com/
    Cherry Pit quilt shop in Sevierville, TN. That's the one in the downtown part of Sevierville, and ask them how to get to Ila's shop..not 5 minutes from them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.