Vermont Shop Hop 2014

Old 03-21-2014, 05:16 AM

Default Vermont Shop Hop 2014

The VT shop hop starts today and I'm making plans to go. The three southeastern shops are within a short drive from me, and I plan to do the northeastern side of the state shops with a friend next week, all the way to Newport where my sister lives. But I'm trying to decide whether to do the ones middle and west near Burlington and Essex Junction. Has anyone been the whole route, and do you have any tips? PM or reply if you have opinions. I love the idea of doing it all, but it's a long way to drive.
Maybe we'll meet at one of the shops.
Lynn
Old 03-22-2014, 03:16 PM

Hubby and I have been to all the Hops here in VT. Some years were good, some not so good. I'll try and describe the different stores as I see them. Middlebury is where we bought our machines and they have good service. Limited amount of fabric but it is tasteful. Essex Jct store is in a large older building. I have never found anything in there to purchase in all these years. Barnyard Fabric is new this year and they had a lot of notions that we were looking for. Beautiful country side drive on our way home. Mad River is in an older bldg and is not too big. Stowe is small but they have a lot of handmade doll dresses, things like that. I am comparing these shops with the large one in Newport that seems to have a nice selection of fabrics. I wonder if i saw you in Chester? I bought all of my fabric at the Hen House in White River Junction. She is not on the hop but she has a terrific sale. All fabric (good quality) is half of the regular price and she has most fabric around eight and nine dollars. Not a big store, but she knows her merchandise and where every bolt is. I frequent her shop often. I hope this helps.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:25 PM

I live near the Essex Junction shop and can honestly say they have a great place. Love their large selection of batiks best, but they have a lovely selection of quilting fabric with lots of samples to ooh and ahh over.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:45 PM

We just finished the shop hop. I did go to the one in Essex Jct and guess what? I bought something...a pattern and some fat quarters They gave away that nice hand cream that they have almost every year. Great place to eat across the street.....Mantones. Huge sandwiches of every description and soups and salads. Hope you do them all.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:48 PM

I wonder if i saw you in Chester? Hi! I noticed that you were in Chester VT....I was there two years ago and visited the quilt store there. Hyperventilated for 3-4 minutes when I first walked in the door. Had to go back the next day and spent 2 hours there. Bought lots of fabric, patterns and a couple of 'tools. I absolutely love that shop!