Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what are the best quilt shops in portland?

These places look great. We are collecting phone numbers in addition to addresses PokerDiva, just in case! We did google quilt shops, but quilters always know the best ones locally! Thanks everyone for your input

The quilt shop in Clackamas is literally behind the Super 8 hotel, right off the highway. It is a smaller shop but they are friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name either!
    My mom and I went to the Fabric Depot while we were visiting my daughter and it blew me away! I need to go back next time we visit. Good thing I didn't know there was a Mill End Outlet....LOL

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Ohhh, thanks Doxie, I will be going through there soon!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Thanks everyone. We had a great weekend. Started at the Fabric Depot, then we went to The Sewing Room, Hollyhill, The Pine Needle, The Common Thread, Mills End, and the Quilters Corner. We actually went to The Common Thread twice actually. It was a great weekend and I found a ton of stuff I just could not live without! :-D

Well I'm pretty late to the party, but for future reference... I love Cool Cottons. It's a small shop, but has the most wonderful collection of fabric. The owner is a super nice lady. I was thrilled to find a Japanese fabric that I had been eying on the internet, but wanted to see in person. Another nice shop is Bolt in the Alberta neighborhood. If you visit Bolt, be sure to eat at Pine State Biscuit (Cool Cottons is near the other Pine State location on Belmont St).

Cool Cotton
    2417 Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard
    Portland, OR 97214
    (503) 232-0417

Bolt Fabric Boutique
    2136 NE Alberta St
    Portland, OR
    (503) 287-2658
    Last edited by Hensandchickens; 02-03-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Big blank spot inbetween addresses?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2