Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
When,why, where, and how did you enter a quilt show? >

When,why, where, and how did you enter a quilt show?

When,why, where, and how did you enter a quilt show?

Old 08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

Hi All,

I will be returning back home to Ireland in April 2012 and I was thinking that before I go home I should try to enter a quilt show as a rookie quilt. I am a new quilter and a new longarm quilter. My family is very young so it is very hard to find the time to put into it but I do try to do a little every night.

I am not working on anything quilt showish at the moment but was wondering how you go about it. I seen there will be one for longarm quilters where I am in November which would give me enough time to get organised but when I contacted them about their website not working (application forms etc) I didn't get much further. I am in Arizona so if you know of any quilt shows coming up and how you go about preparing and entering into one I'd love to hear from you.
I know it is a long shot of winning anything but I may aswell try while I am here in the country!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 PM

grace, go to STRAWBERRY PATCHERS web site. there should be info about the rim country round up show coming up. or try rim country round up.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:10 PM

forgot to say, if you can come to the show. we have some of the best quilters in the state. i think sharon schamber, the countries top longarm quilter will be giving a class. if you need more info pm me. conie
Old 08-03-2011, 04:53 AM

As a former judge I'm very happy to see that you have the right frame of mind about entering your quilt to be judged. The best thing to come from having your work judged is the Critique sheet. Then you can see where and what you need improvement in and you can go forward and do better in the next show.
Good luck, Kutnso
Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Suz

Please explain more about the Critique Sheet. Is it just a place for comments or is it a checklist used by the judge? Just wondering.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info. I will look into this thank you.