Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: "The Seasons" runner

Blog Entries
    Holy COW!! That is gorgeous. And it never has to be put away!! :D The green square captures me. :shock:

Thanks all, the prairie points were easier than I thought though I am glad Leslee suggested doing only the ends. If Iíd done the sides it would have been busy. These are nested points; I'm giving thought to incorporating other styles of points such as end on end or mixed sizes.

One thing Iíll do next time is baste the points, I only pinned them this time and a couple shifted slightly.

Iíll try to take another picture to show off the quilting, itís just cables surrounding the pieces and down the sides, but Iím kind of proud of it. Hand quilting is very therapeutic!

It turned out beautiful Steve! Great job!

Steve you have so many talents, you are truly a blessed person , :D that is a beautiful runner

Mom says points are fairly simple till you've a large quilt requiring hundreds!

A gal at work asked me to make her a runner like this one. I declined, quickly envisioning the aerodynamics of pork. Really, I mean it is hard enough to do for my own family. When I offered to show her how to quilt, she said she didnít have enough time. I was left wondering if she thought that I had access to a time machine or some such nonsense.
    :roll:

Blog Entries
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I was left wondering if she thought that I had access to a time machine or some such nonsense.
    :roll:

You got that right.

I have a time machine... it's called 'work' and It be stealing all of my time.

tim in san jose

Yuperdoodles to that one Tim! Ah well, I need the fabric, and seeings how they don't want to pay me for my good looks... :wink:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3