Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: " Spring Weeds..a story in Color"

Blog Entries
    I have a very large garden area in our back property here in eastern Oregon. In the spring, summer , and fall, it is quite beautiful with all the plants, and other flowers that spring up after the snow melts away. This quilt top began as a " Nana's Garden" quilt pattern.. I found it to be monotonous, and soon it found its way in a different scrappy quilt , this one.. Each weed I have ever pulled in the flower beds here all have different looks.. as does this scrappy quilt does in each little piece of fabric making up the blocks in the second photo. Just wanted to know that if anyone is interested in coming here in the spring, to pull my weeds, you are most welcome to do so.. I will even throw in the garden gloves for free!

Spring Weeds
    Name:  Attachment-125182.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  59.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

tmw
    thats a very pretty quilt. the spring colors are my favorite, here where theres not much green, even weeds are pretty to me.!!!

Tell ya what, lol maybe someday I can come and watch the babies / sew and you pull weeds :) have a great day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    Tell ya what, lol maybe someday I can come and watch the babies / sew and you pull weeds :) have a great day
    :thumbdown: :thumbup: :lol: well, one out of three are happy thoughts.. lol

a regular here
    Thanks for the offer, it is very generous. However I will have to decline the offer. I have my own weeds to pull, so I will pull mine and you can pull yours. Thanks Again.

Beautiful quilt Karen!! I love the colors. Makes me think of a flower garden!!!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt, Karen. Was just thinking of you when I found this post. Hope you are having a wonderful day.