Here's my latest FMQ'd piece. I designed it to mount on the wall between our entertainment credenza and the TV (which is mounted on the wall). Hence the name "Over the Top" (of the credenza that is...). This piece measures about 39" x 14", and was quilted using my Juki TL98Q (domestic) machine. It is a wholecloth with trapunto and lots of free-motion quilting.
It was quite a lenthy process to do this one. First I drew out the whole design on drafting paper, then carefully traced it onto the fabric using a light table. Next I did trapunto on the main design, quilting the outlines with a layer of high loft poly and water soluble thread. Then I trimmed away the extra poly. (Many thanks to those who answered my trapunto questions a couple of weeks ago!) Then I sandwiched it with a layer of warm and natural and some backing material and FMQ'd the entire piece. :D The whole thing was a learning experience for me, and I'm glad I started with a modest-szed piece instead of a whole bed quilt!!!
Hope you enjoy the pics!
You can see the bottom of the TV at the top of the pic and the entertainment credenza at the bottom. This panel is mounted on the wall in between the two to cover the cords/cables/wires.
Center of the panel
Each end has this design mirroring each other.
And here's a closeup where you can see the stitching a little better. All t hose tiny circles took FOREVER to quilt, but I like the effect they create on the piece.