Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
"Reflections" >

"Reflections"

"Reflections"

Old 07-18-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by srwilhite
For those who want to know, the Reflection (singular) pattern is a much faster and easier technique for getting the same look as the "fractured" and "shattered" techniques. I devised my easy strip cutting and piecing technique because the other techniques were complicated and very time consuming, and there was no pattern.

I published my Reflection pattern in 2006 and it has been my best seller. It is also the workshop which is most frequently requested when I do guild lectures/workshops.

I also have two other Reflection-based patterns: Reflection Jacket (uses a pre-purchased sweatshirt) and Garden Reflection (the Reflection technique in a modified garden maze setting). Thank you for coming on and telling them..you were so nice about getting that pattern to the LQS for me.. 2 years ago when I ask if I could do a class..people loved it..I think your technique was the easiest I've done..I'll post a picture of the one that hangs in my home !!

If you cannot find my patterns at your local quilt shop, they can be ordered from my website: www.DragonLadyQuilts.com.

Happy Quilting,
Sharon Wilhite
Quilt Pattern Designer, Author, and Teacher
Dragon Lady Quilts
Old 07-18-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by MelodyWB
For those who want to know, the Reflection (singular) pattern is a much faster and easier technique for getting the same look as the "fractured" and "shattered" techniques. I devised my easy strip cutting and piecing technique because the other techniques were complicated and very time consuming, and there was no pattern.

I published my Reflection pattern in 2006 and it has been my best seller. It is also the workshop which is most frequently requested when I do guild lectures/workshops.

I also have two other Reflection-based patterns: Reflection Jacket (uses a pre-purchased sweatshirt) and Garden Reflection (the Reflection technique in a modified garden maze setting). Thank you for coming on and telling them..you were so nice about getting that pattern to the LQS for me.. 2 years ago when I ask if I could do a class..people loved it..I think your technique was the easiest I've done..I'll post a picture of the one that hangs in my home !!

If you cannot find my patterns at your local quilt shop, they can be ordered from my website: www.DragonLadyQuilts.com.

Happy Quilting,
Sharon Wilhite
Quilt Pattern Designer, Author, and Teacher
Dragon Lady Quilts
Thank you so much for posting this..you were so nice 2 years ago and got patterns to my LQS for a class on your technique for me..people loved this..I even did one for my own home !! Beautiful ideas from you and I agree that your pattern is the easier way to do this !! I also thought it was an older pattern..thanks again for taking the time posting your info for anyone interested in doing this !!

Midnight Flight (I appliqued the butterflies)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228265[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-228259.jpe  
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 AM

You did a beautiful job on your Reflection quilt. Could I put a picture of it in the Student Gallery on my website? If so, please email the picture to me at [email protected].

As a matter of fact, if there is anyone else following this post who has made a quilt from any of my patterns or my book, I would love to receive pictures for my website. Just send them the the email address above.

Happy Quilting,
Sharon
Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 PM

The method described in the book I mentioned is also strip-piecing. It looks pretty straight-forward, I haven't tried it yet, though.