Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: "Trip around Cobly Knob"

I made this quilt on a quilting vacation in Gatlinburg with my girlfriend. We made several trips to a quilt shop in a nearby town and we drove through Cobly Knob. I loved the name of the town, it just made me laugh every time I saw the sign, so I named my quilt after it!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Gorgeous!! Love your choice of colors, too.

Wow, do you know how to make fabrics work together! It practically shimmers when I look at it.

The name is great and I love the quilt! One of my high priority quilts to make is a trip around the world. You inspire me!

That is really pretty! You sure get alot done on your quilting vacations! :o) I really like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar
    That is really pretty! You sure get alot done on your quilting vacations! :o) I really like this one.
    Our quilting vacations are so much fun. I'm blessed to have two great quilting friends and each year, we pick a different location and off we go! We visit every quilt shop within an hour and a half distance as well as a few on the way there. We do a little bit of sight seeing, try to hit a winery, and spend the rest of the time sewing! This year we are going to Maine! Can't wait to pick up fabrics there and make a Mariner's Compass/Storm at Sea quilt!

This quilt is just gorgeous! Love your fabric choices. And your trips sound fabulous.

Beautiful and I also love your avatar pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
    Quote Originally Posted by danmar
    Our quilting vacations are so much fun. I'm blessed to have two great quilting friends and each year, we pick a different location and off we go! We visit every quilt shop within an hour and a half distance as well as a few on the way there. We do a little bit of sight seeing, try to hit a winery, and spend the rest of the time sewing! This year we are going to Maine! Can't wait to pick up fabrics there and make a Mariner's Compass/Storm at Sea quilt!
    That sounds like alot of fun, both having friends to quilt with and doing the vacation together, and hitting all the quilt stores!
    Have fun in Maine. Make sure you post the pictures of your vacation quilt. I love Mariner's Compasses and someday plan to learn to make them. Is a Storm at Sea a different quilt or just another name for a Mariner's Compass? Enjoy your trip!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast