Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 10 yrs. later & it still looks great!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story and quilt. As stated by another board member, that's how quilting started! Women are resourceful!
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Your attitude is the best and so very true. To many rules today and it takes the fun out of so much. So sew/quilt and enjoy. Homosassa, FL neighbor.

I agree with you! Doing it your way is the only way!
    marytp

Blog Entries
    It still looks great, do what you like and you can't go wrong!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

This is such a great topic!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful quilt. I agree with one member that there aren't quilt police, there are quilt snobs. I love to make quilts and a lot of the joy for me is giving them to people I care about. I can't afford to use LQS fabrics for all of them. I shop for bargains and am not ashamed to admit it! It doesn't detract from the joy of the person receiving (or giving) the quilt. I have had Guild members tell me that where I purchase my fabric just wasn't good enough quality for them. OK, all the more for me!!! LOL! I still have quilts that my mother and grandmother made out of every kind of fabric imaginable. They are family treasures and I love each and every one of them!
    Linda
    Pets are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. (Roger Caras made this quote about dogs, but I love cats too!)

Blog Entries
    I am so happy that so many people have responded with support for your sewing adventure! Yup - sew for yourself, sew how you want, and with what you want. Innovation comes from stepping outside the box and doing something your own way. How many people are highlighted on shows and are raved over for doing something that the masses of people don't do or try? Gee......you have something special going on in your sewing room!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4