A few years ago I started paper-piecing, and designed my first block (Philosopher's Stone). Eventually, I decided to do a Harry Potter quilt of all original designs to represent the books. I'm thrilled to finally have finished it. It seemed like the endless project that was never going to done! But I'm really pleased with it now and happy to have a completed Harry quilt.
The Harry quilt is only my 3rd quilt that I've attempted FMQ on. The first one was the border on the Jane Stickle lap quilt. And my 2nd FMQ attempt was the 3D Pinwheel hearts and name (Emily) in the center.
I think I did a bit better this time on the Harry quilt. I regular quilted around the castle and between the columns, then used FMQ to stitch in the ditch on all of the blocks and text, and then FMQ an echo around everything. I still haven't learned any stippling yet, but maybe on some easier quilts to come.
Sorry the pictures are out of order, but couldn't figure out how to fix that.