Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2nd spicy spiral table runner

Nice blending of color, the more of the spirals I see, the more of them I like

I love it, but I have a question. How did you get such nice sharp points when you finished it? There doesn't appear to have binding on it so I'm assuming you must have turned it right side out.

That is really nice.
    I am definately happy and very fulfilled when I am quilting, buying material or reading other quilter's messages on this quilting board.

Nice choice of colors. Have bought the ruler and pattern but can't do it just yet. Need to finish up a couple of other things before I venture into this. Mine is going to be blended beige thru browns to black and is going to hang on the wall. This pattern fascinates me. I first saw it done in Christmas fabrics two years ago and the I'm still intrigued by the colors and the shape. Would love to see a picture of the back side to see how you quilted it. That's the only part that I don't have worked out in my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELTIE'SMAMA View Post
    Nice choice of colors. Have bought the ruler and pattern but can't do it just yet. Need to finish up a couple of other things before I venture into this. Mine is going to be blended beige thru browns to black and is going to hang on the wall. This pattern fascinates me. I first saw it done in Christmas fabrics two years ago and the I'm still intrigued by the colors and the shape. Would love to see a picture of the back side to see how you quilted it. That's the only part that I don't have worked out in my brain.
    This is the back of the 1st one I did, it has warm and natural batting & lays the flattest. The others have Hobbs 80/20 and I found I had to block the table runner after quilting it. Name:  spicy spiral002_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 30
Size:  44.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Linda-in-iowa View Post
    I love it, but I have a question. How did you get such nice sharp points when you finished it? There doesn't appear to have binding on it so I'm assuming you must have turned it right side out.
    I just stitched it at " all the way & left an opening, trimmed the seam off at the point to the stitch line.... then trimmed away the batting in the seam, leading up to the point & turned them. I spent time fussing with getting the point turned out, using a chopstick and then rolling the point back & forth with my fingers & I think this helps a bit.

Wonderful,love the colors.
    DEB CAVAN

love the colors. It would be great to do one of these before jumping into a bargello.

Quote Originally Posted by eunice drew View Post
    love the colors. It would be great to do one of these before jumping into a bargello.
    Actually I didn't find it anything like a bargello to make, because it's a wedge ruler you're using to cut, not regular strips. I have taught myself to use a rotary cutter with either hand and that was a real plus in this pattern. You need to cut on both sides of the wedge & the top & remove your piece, leaving the rest of the strip set on the table. If you had a table you can walk around then you're lucky.

WOW!!! Great colors.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast