Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
3 quilted items for a reunion >

3 quilted items for a reunion

3 quilted items for a reunion

Old 07-30-2015, 11:51 AM

It is so nice that you do this. My husband is a vet and I know they all appreciate things like this. Can you tell us where you got the fabric with the dog tags on it? Thanks again.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

What a wonderful thing that you do; and I really like your table runners. What a great thing that the veterans can get together. My DH served in Viet Nam in 1969-70, but he has not kept in touch with the veterans he served with; so I think it's a wonderful thing that your brother keeps in touch. The Vietnam veterans had a difficult time returning home, my DH was put on a plane to come back to the US, then got his discharge papers and that was it; thank you very much.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:40 PM

Very nice, great job!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by FabStripper View Post
You are so nice to do these for those Veterans! Can you tell me what is the name of the block in the top picture that looks like chain link? These are all beautiful projects.
These blocks are a BOM club. The instruction sheet is named "Fast Forty-Fives" BUT I tried a search and could not find any thing like this block. I started a quilt with this block in Red/Blue. I'll will try and private message you a picture of what I have done I cant get it to load right now.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Forgive my manners, yes I do have them. Your quilts are beautiful. not understanding why the dates were blurred but nomb.
I know what you mean about the disrespect they got. So sad. I blurred out the dates just in the pictures not on the actual label. I didn't want the dates of when their meeting is for all of their safety. What is "nomb"?
Old 07-30-2015, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
What a wonderful thing that you do; and I really like your table runners. What a great thing that the veterans can get together. My DH served in Viet Nam in 1969-70, but he has not kept in touch with the veterans he served with; so I think it's a wonderful thing that your brother keeps in touch. The Vietnam veterans had a difficult time returning home, my DH was put on a plane to come back to the US, then got his discharge papers and that was it; thank you very much.
My brother work really hard and for a long time to try and contact the guys he served with. I'm not sure what year/years he served.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by garysgal View Post
It is so nice that you do this. My husband is a vet and I know they all appreciate things like this. Can you tell us where you got the fabric with the dog tags on it? Thanks again.
The fabric for the lap quilt is a layer cake and the dog tags fabric is in the same line. I got mine at Missouri Star Quilt CO. in Hamilton, MO. The fabric line is "Because of the Brave" by Moda. I thought this line was perfect for what I made. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:34 PM

What a great idea!!! We just returned home from my hubby's USMC reunion. It was the 7th. and the first that we could make. Every other year it was either me or him in the hospital. It was the first time he seen the guys since 1968 when they served in Vietnam together.
Can you please share with me some of your ideas of things you made for each of them. Next year we'll be going back to Pigeon Forge TN for the 8th reunion (June 2016). i was thinking of making someone small for everyone.It was just a small group of 12 guys. Most brought their pillowcases they had in Vietnam. They each signed each others with messges before they left, seen how much they appreciate having them.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:35 PM

Nice quilt projects.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:19 PM

God bless you for making these. I know they will be appreciated. Thanks for sharing and giving us the information about the fabric. Isn't it sad we have to be careful about posting information, but with the crazies now days, you can't be too careful about gatherings of veterans. All the boys in my small graduation class in 1966 served in Viet Nam and all made it back