Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
3rd Bow Tucks >

3rd Bow Tucks

3rd Bow Tucks

Old 07-24-2010, 05:55 PM

Lovely bag. I can see why you are going to have a hard time to give it away. I want it, too.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM

Well apparently this little beauty is mine after all :) Hubby said my MIL wouldn't like the colors, that she likes darker, more muted colors. Alrighty then :) I will have to make one for her next. :)
Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 PM

You really have a gorgeous bag there! Love the fabric. Happy that you do get to keep it. Make your MIL another one & just watch her want this one. LOL Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:35 PM

Very pretty! I love the fabric too!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyO
Well apparently this little beauty is mine after all :) Hubby said my MIL wouldn't like the colors, that she likes darker, more muted colors. Alrighty then :) I will have to make one for her next. :)
OK, just tell us you had this planned from the start,LOL!! That's one way to keep such a beautiful purse, make it with the wrong colors,lol!! Her loss your gain!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by pgthom
Originally Posted by AshleyO
This is a present for my mother in law. It is really going to pain me to give this away. It has to be my favorite one yet! Reminds me of an English garden or something :)
Hi Upper MI! Great purse. She will love it I bet.
Where in the UP are you? I was up by the bridge last week, but stayed a "troll". Maybe next time we'll get up your way. Been such a long time and I love to come up. Penny in K'zoo.
Thanks Penny, I'm up in Marquette :)
Old 07-25-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by kay carlson
Way to go, Ashley :-) Your gift for Mom-in-law is so sweet- and I agree it reminds me of an English garden.

By the way, I went to Country Garden and Quilts in Ishpeming and got some "blueberry" fabrics. We were planning to attend the blueberry festival on Friday, the 30th, but will have a new puppy as of the 29th. Priorities.
At least I have my blueberry bow tuck made and a pair of pillowcases. Mmmmm, blueberries are so good for you ---
almost as good as a pretty flower garden. :-)
Hi Kay!! Can't wait for the Blueberry Festival!! How was the Ispheming quilt shop? I have never been there! Post pics of your bow tuck and pillowcases please!! Good luck with your puppy!!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful
Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 AM

Cute!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM

I really like the Ishpeming shop. Mary and Bud used to be in Michigamme and moved to Ishpeming. The shop is small, has a nice variety of fabric and patterns. They have a good eye for color and are up to date with new ideas. If you want help with selecting fabrics, they'll be more than pleased to assist and let you decide what you want.

They also have some absolutely gorgeous wide fabric for quilt backs. By the way, you can be put on their mailing list for e-mail newsletter and special sales.

We will miss the Blueberry Festival after all. Susan Wueller of Auburn, IN has offered to bring a male shih tzu as far as Appleton, WI this Thursday. We will take position of our new fur baby with great joy. Our dog, Jones, is the uncle to this older puppy. We love the health, temperament and confirmation of Jones. Susan has wonderful shih tzus and is a first class person herself. We have named the baby Chief.I have allergies and asthma and these dogs don't shed so we can have them to love :-)

I'll try to get pictures posted this week. We are currently puppy proofing the house and I go to quilting tonight and Wednesday. Priorities :-)