Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
4 Patch Posies Supreme >

4 Patch Posies Supreme

4 Patch Posies Supreme

Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
just beautiful! is that all from one fabric line or did you hunt around matching fabrics yourself? if you chose the fabrics, you did a great job on that too. if you didn't, you sure knew how to use them to advantage.

since i said such nice things can i have it?
It's not all one fabric line, but the two fabrics used in the posies are complementary designs from Red Rooster. The others are whatever I had on hand. I think there are others from Red Rooster in there, since I buy a lot of it online and from my LQS.

Thank you for the compliment, but the quilt already has a home.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Dunster that is fantabulous! I was just thinking about you because I'm in the process of sewing the rows for my doggy kaleidoscope (like yours - hope it's as nice when done!) This is another great twist on Ks - mind if I copy you again one day?

K x
Hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! But seriously, these patterns are certainly not original with me. I'm working on another OBW, ready to layer it today if I can clear off my work surface first. How's the doggy going?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:48 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by k3n
Dunster that is fantabulous! I was just thinking about you because I'm in the process of sewing the rows for my doggy kaleidoscope (like yours - hope it's as nice when done!) This is another great twist on Ks - mind if I copy you again one day?

K x
Hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! But seriously, these patterns are certainly not original with me. I'm working on another OBW, ready to layer it today if I can clear off my work surface first. How's the doggy going?
I've just started piecing the rows - I'm really pleased with it! I did some hollow blocks as well and put in a couple of whole hexagons for good measure! I've just bought a new (to me) sewing machine from a friend - I can drop the feed dogs and free motion woo hoo!!! So I'm practising with that at the moment then will quilt the pansies!

K x
Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM

Love it! From your pics, it takes on a Civil War era. Love you colr choices.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Wow - will you also post closeups of some of the individual blocks?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:45 AM

Wow that sure is pretty.......another quilt that gives me food for thought.....lThanks for sharring.....:-)
Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geta
Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by Geta
Gorgeous quilt, lovely colors ! The center of the blocks is Kaleidoscope ?
The centers are sort of a "poor man's kaleidoscope". They're stacked 4-deep (instead of six or eight) and cut into squares. Then they're assembled like a kaleidoscope (same corner of the design in the center of the 4-patch). Then after a frame is put on, a triangular corner is added to each, and the corner is also cut from a 4-deep stack so it adds to the kaleidoscope look. (Clear as mud?)

Someone asked if I could add some pictures of the individual posies, so here they are.
I love that type of kaleidoscope. It is so quick and easy. The pretty fabric you used did a great job !

I use in my quilts another type of kaleidoscope, made from quarter square triangles.
Here it is how I cut the patches:

http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.co...ope-block.html

I am inlove with this technique ! For stacking I don't cut large pieces of fabric, I cut strips ( they match more easily). If I need 8" triangles, I cut 8" wide strips.

I'm intrigued .. though your link did not work!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

That is absolutely incredible. And that you used two fabrics for the 4Ps!

What size were the strips/squares? 4"?

OOPS!! I just realized this thread is from two years ago ... I'll catch you on the other thread which I started about this.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE
That is absolutely incredible. And that you used two fabrics for the 4Ps!

What size were the strips/squares? 4"?

OOPS!! I just realized this thread is from two years ago ... I'll catch you on the other thread which I started about this.
I think I used 3" unfinished squares for the inner part of the blocks. What you select depends on your fabric's repeat, as well as its design. The pattern I used was Stacked Posie Supreme by H.D.Designs.

http://www.rockcityquilts.com/cgi-bi...cking5=froogle
Old 04-09-2011, 11:33 AM

Wow I would love that in my bedroom........That is going to be a project........first one for myself. You did a great job.