Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: adding paper pieced quilt

A while back someone posted that thy were using adding machine paper as foundation so of course i put everything aside and off i went to buy some paper...well I started sewing, and sewing, and sewing...sheshhhh those rolls are long...lol never realised how much so....anyways i did the whole roll...took me a while....then when i was done i started playing with it....and here is what i came up with...the pics aren`t the best because the quilt is laying down on the floor....the fabric was all from my stash ...but i bought a whole box of rolls...well guess i`ll be good for a long long time!!! LOL I do love it.....now to quilt ...hmm don`t think this one is going to be handquilted...so that means i`ll have to try machine quilting...yikes!!! LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    that is fabulous. did you take the paper off before or after you attached it ?

that is really neat, looks like fun!

the paper is still on...have to remove it...it was so easy to sew with it on.....although i do have a few hours ahead of me just to remove it...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    that is fabulous. did you take the paper off before or after you attached it ?

yes it was....and i still have some on my roll lol think i almost have enough to go around another quilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by thequilterslink
    that is really neat, looks like fun!

That's great!

Wow looks great! Does the paper add stability? How wide is the roll? Did you press every seam? Looks like fun!

Found the tut, guess I should of search first :oops:

Here it is for anyone else! Thanks for sharing your quilt, very insperational!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56940-1.htm

The paper was used as the foundation...and YES , i did press every seam...lol that`s why it took me so long...but it did such a great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by tangledthread
    Wow looks great! Does the paper add stability? How wide is the roll? Did you press every seam? Looks like fun!

Beautiful! I have started my roll, I think I will use it as a binding to a scrappy quilt.

Yes that`s where i got my inspiration!! I really love how it turned out...i just made it as I went...only had an idea on how i wanted the center to look like!
    Quote Originally Posted by tangledthread

Found the tut, guess I should of search first :oops:

Here it is for anyone else! Thanks for sharing your quilt, very insperational!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56940-1.htm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast