Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Advice on submitting quilt for quilt show >

Advice on submitting quilt for quilt show

Advice on submitting quilt for quilt show

Old 06-07-2010, 02:47 PM

To enter you have to send a cd with three pics of the quilt and an explanation and send $18.00 to apply and then I guess they will decide if it is elegible. I plan to take it to my local quilt shop and see what the owner's ideas are. But I think it is unusual and different. So I will keep you informed. The show is in September 16-18th in Oaks Pa at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:45 PM

Your quilt is beautiful and your hand-quilting is amazing. I think you should enter it.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 PM

Do they have a snugalicious section? that quilt would win it hands down - it looks like you could just snuggle into it, and the handquilting is perfect.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by frecklestweety
To enter you have to send a cd with three pics of the quilt and an explanation and send $18.00 to apply and then I guess they will decide if it is elegible. I plan to take it to my local quilt shop and see what the owner's ideas are. But I think it is unusual and different. So I will keep you informed. The show is in September 16-18th in Oaks Pa at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.

That sounds like a juried show because they want to see pictures first. Many smaller local shows aren't juried. Mine wasn't. County fairs usually aren't either.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:32 AM

frecklestweety, That's a big show that I usually attend so I'll be looking for your wonderful quilt there.

I was leary of entering my guild's quilt show 10 years ago, I was a newbe quilter and my skills were very weak. We have a choice of having our quilts judged or not and I'm glad I had my first one judged because it encouraged me to keep quilting. Judges are kind, they point out where you need improvement; binding off, not enough quilting, etc. and they also comment of what worked; nice design, good workmanship, choice of fabrics, pattern, etc. Last month was the 5th show I put quilts into and I even won Honorable Mention for one of them. I think my skills have improved over the years mainly because over the years the judges have pointed out my weak areas. Go for it, May in Jersey
Old 06-08-2010, 12:27 PM

thank you. I took it to my local quilt shop today and they thought it unusual and I should enter it.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 PM

thanks. trying to come with a name for the quilt. any suggestions.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:49 PM

I just learned after emailing them, before sending the application and fee, that the quilt is not eligible because the top was not made by me. Quilt has to be totally made by the same person. I guess I should not have mentioned that the top was given to me but what did I know.....I am too honest I guess. Oh well, I know I did good. Thanks for the interest.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM

found out the quilt is not eligible because I did not make the top of the quilt.