I have several small projects to be completed over the next few weeks, in time for Christmas. I am stitching a tablerunner for a workmate, and I had a few Christmas scraps and thought I'd make this 'simple' fabric container that I found in the Australian Homemade special Christmas edition (November 2009)
I followed the cutting instructions and started piecing the patched strip - feeling confident. When it came to the construction of the body, the instructions in the magazine became a bit muddled. It would not have been practical to follow the instructions, so from that point I muddled on my own to finish the project - I was not going to let this beat me! I ended up having to add 1/2" to the lining, in order to have the top section right, and I agonised about getting the tab handles 'just so'.
Now it's finished, I'm pleased with myself and the acheivement.
I plan to fill it with sewing notions and pass it to a friend - or perhaps Christmas toffees and pass it to a workmate. It would fit a nice mug too. Not quite sure, but it will be handed out this Christmas Season.
Thanks for looking
(I am not a patchworker!)