I decided to put my 2" squares to good use with this block. I started in the midsection of the quilt first joining my 4 blocks together and working upward and outward. My focus was on the area I love most and that's when 2 scrappy sides meet head-on forming 2 nice vertical rows down the front so that was my goal in joining the blocks in the center rather than left to right.
I like the bit of whimsy with the label on the front of the quilt. Sometimes there's a call for that. When my friends saw early pics of this quilt, they couldn't wait for a tut so the link and tut are coming soon.
It was very windy today so I stuck my pins in the ground to anchor the 4 corners. It was snowing while I was taking pics.
It's 64x74 and will probably go to the children's charity, Wrap Them In Love. Thanks for looking!