Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Almost Done

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    1,214
    I'm close to finishing my daughter's quilt. Looks like it will be done by Christmas! I have to re-pin it because there was a crease on the back. I did a little bit of applique on it. This is my 2nd quilt that I've put together. I'm just tickled pink at myself!

    I hope to get it done with in the next 2 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  2. #2
    Super Member Cuddly Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tzaneen, South Africa
    Posts
    1,331
    Well done and i am sure your daughter is going to love her special quilt. Keep them coming ;)

  3. #3
    SandraJennings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona....now.
    Posts
    783
    Sweet job. I have found when pinning to quilt make sure your fabric is ironed free of wrinkles and use a flat surface you can tape the first slice of the sandwich down to will help keep it wrinkle free. Also starting in the center and pinning to the outside edges in a + manor helps, as it allows you to smooth it a little more.Can usually get away with pins 1 1/2 to 2" apart. Larger Quilting pins give a little more leeway. Keep up the good work.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Well done and i am sure your daughter is going to love her special quilt. Keep them coming ;)
    Thank you!! Love your avatar!!

  5. #5
    Super Member Snorky Lvs2Quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Calif.
    Posts
    2,311
    Good for you.....great job! Your daughter is going to love it. Thanks for sharing.

  6. #6
    Super Member Cuddly Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tzaneen, South Africa
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsberry921
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Well done and i am sure your daughter is going to love her special quilt. Keep them coming ;)
    Thank you!! Love your avatar!!
    Thanks very much. This is a quilt i made for my daughter for her first year at varsity. Unfortunately she is now 5 hours away from home, so i wanted her to have something from me she could cuddle up to when not well, homesick, etc. A friend from Aussie sent me the striped and circle material and i made her the gecko and incorporated the material into her quilt - so hence - a 'two piece'. They are proudly displayed on her bed in her new room. Gives me goosies. ;)

  7. #7
    Super Member SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    9,239
    Blog Entries
    1
    WOW!! :thumbup: It couldn't have turned out any nicer. I love the yellow & black color combination that you used in making it. I am sure your daughter will be in Love with it!! Congratulation's.
    :D :D :D :D

  8. #8
    Super Member deltadawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,671
    Great quilt.

  9. #9
    Senior Member DawnMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    844
    Blog Entries
    9
    Nice Iowa Hawkeyes' colors! I think you should applique a big "GO HAWKS!" on the middle of it! That would be great.

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsberry921
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Well done and i am sure your daughter is going to love her special quilt. Keep them coming ;)
    Thank you!! Love your avatar!!
    Thanks very much. This is a quilt i made for my daughter for her first year at varsity. Unfortunately she is now 5 hours away from home, so i wanted her to have something from me she could cuddle up to when not well, homesick, etc. A friend from Aussie sent me the striped and circle material and i made her the gecko and incorporated the material into her quilt - so hence - a 'two piece'. They are proudly displayed on her bed in her new room. Gives me goosies. ;)
    I made a tie blanket for her not long ago. She lives about 2 hours from me and she was sick. She sent me a picture and the caption was "Wish my mommy was here but I'm cuddled in the blanket my mommy made"

    Since I am "sew" new to this, I absolutely love quilting. Not an expert yet but when it's made with love who cares right?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.