Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Almost Done

I'm close to finishing my daughter's quilt. Looks like it will be done by Christmas! I have to re-pin it because there was a crease on the back. I did a little bit of applique on it. This is my 2nd quilt that I've put together. I'm just tickled pink at myself!

I hope to get it done with in the next 2 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Well done and i am sure your daughter is going to love her special quilt. Keep them coming ;)

Sweet job. I have found when pinning to quilt make sure your fabric is ironed free of wrinkles and use a flat surface you can tape the first slice of the sandwich down to will help keep it wrinkle free. Also starting in the center and pinning to the outside edges in a + manor helps, as it allows you to smooth it a little more.Can usually get away with pins 1 1/2 to 2" apart. Larger Quilting pins give a little more leeway. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Well done and i am sure your daughter is going to love her special quilt. Keep them coming ;)
    Thank you!! Love your avatar!!

Good for you.....great job! Your daughter is going to love it. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsberry921
    Thanks very much. This is a quilt i made for my daughter for her first year at varsity. Unfortunately she is now 5 hours away from home, so i wanted her to have something from me she could cuddle up to when not well, homesick, etc. A friend from Aussie sent me the striped and circle material and i made her the gecko and incorporated the material into her quilt - so hence - a 'two piece'. They are proudly displayed on her bed in her new room. Gives me goosies. ;)

Blog Entries
    WOW!! :thumbup: It couldn't have turned out any nicer. I love the yellow & black color combination that you used in making it. I am sure your daughter will be in Love with it!! Congratulation's.
    :D :D :D :D

Great quilt.

Blog Entries
    Nice Iowa Hawkeyes' colors! I think you should applique a big "GO HAWKS!" on the middle of it! That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsberry921
    Thanks very much. This is a quilt i made for my daughter for her first year at varsity. Unfortunately she is now 5 hours away from home, so i wanted her to have something from me she could cuddle up to when not well, homesick, etc. A friend from Aussie sent me the striped and circle material and i made her the gecko and incorporated the material into her quilt - so hence - a 'two piece'. They are proudly displayed on her bed in her new room. Gives me goosies. ;)
    I made a tie blanket for her not long ago. She lives about 2 hours from me and she was sick. She sent me a picture and the caption was "Wish my mommy was here but I'm cuddled in the blanket my mommy made"

Since I am "sew" new to this, I absolutely love quilting. Not an expert yet but when it's made with love who cares right?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast