I started this one about a year ago - I am not nearly as fast as some of you - and have just finished the top.
The pattern is from a book (Clever Quarters by Susan Teegarden Dissmore) and was originally supposed to be much smaller. Since my star points were not lining up as well as I had hoped, and since my daughter really wanted a bigger quilt, I added 2 inches between each square. As you can see it is now about standard double-bed-size (in the photo it is on a queen sized bed.). I also did not rotate the squares as instructed: mine all have the greens at the top and the yellows at the bottom. We picked the leaf pattern for the backer; I traced some of the leaf patterns and will use them to hand quilt the squares. I wish I could actually use the backer and quilt from that side, but then the top quilting would not be as nice. I decided to use what is a yellow fabric with rows of brown dots for the binding. Daughter's bedroom walls are a soft buttery yellow and these colors are great in there.
If anyone sees any mistakes, please tell me! I have not bought the batting yet!
(Still hand quilting another one.)
Thanks for looking at this (again, since I think I posted parts of it long ago...).