Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Am I being to sensitive?? >

Am I being to sensitive??

Am I being to sensitive??

Old 07-16-2011, 03:45 AM

If the recipient had ever made a quilt before it would have been appreciated more. Maybe she just honestly has no idea how much time, thought, effort and love was put into it.
But we know :)
Old 07-16-2011, 03:47 AM

When you let it go, you just have to let it go. Otherwise it hurts too much. Been there.
MK
Old 07-16-2011, 03:48 AM

I think you did a beautiful job. :thumbup:
Old 07-16-2011, 03:49 AM

I love it, my brother and his wife just did their nursery in the jungle animals and they would love that quilt.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:51 AM

Never mind the baby is going to love it.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:58 AM

beautiful! That is a quilt meant to be loved for years.
People that do not make handmade items have no idea of the time and effort.
Been there - know how you feel. HUGS!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
No you are not being too sensitive. I think you did a great save incorporating the theme into the already started quilt. And I don't care how many times it happens but everytime someone refers to a quilt as a "blanket" it cuts me like a knife and I am sometimes noticeably taken aback. I remember when I was visiting with my DH at his work and we were discussing my LA when his coworker said "oh you will be able to make lots of blankets with that". The look on my face must have given him pause because then he corrected himself and called them quilts. 8-)

The bru-ha-ha over the tied fleece when your quilt barely received a second glance also would have upset me, so you are not being too sensitive. It has been said here before and I know it is easier said than done, when we gift a quilt we must gift it and not look back. Yes it is disappointing when they aren't well received but not everyone loves quilts like we do. this is just one of the many reasons the QB is so great. Our quilts get the ooohing and aaaahing they rightfully deserve even if they don't get it from a gift recipient. We know the value of them, the cost of making them and the time, effort and love we put into all of them. So please know your quilt was indeed wonderful and completely let it go if you never see it in use.
This was stated beautifuly and mirrors my thoughts exactly. Your joy was in the making of this little beauty and then in the giving ... if the recipient was less than enthusiastic that's their problem. I'm sorry the lack of reactions hurt (been there, done that) but that won't stop you from making (and giving) another beautiful quilt, will it?
Old 07-16-2011, 04:04 AM

It is so adorable...I think when they got it home and unpacked all the things they received they probably had more of a chance to appreciate it....you did a great job and the baby will love it too....blessings to you and thanks for sharing
Old 07-16-2011, 04:10 AM

This quilt is adorable. Not everyone knows what goes into making a quilt. Maybe they will learn to appreciate when someone else show the right amount of respect for the workmanship.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

You just wait... yours will turn out to be baby's favorite!! They have good taste, and don't worry about "family politics".