Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Another Bowtuck tote.

  1. #1
    Super Member 0tis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,588
    I just finished my Bowtuck tote - this one is for me. Actually I wasn't in love with the fabric (Kaffe Fassett) until I put the tote together - now I love it and I am using this one. I call it my Hippy, dippy tote bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #2
    Junior Member constantly55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Posts
    214
    Okay.......I've not made one yet, but with the pattern, it calls for some kind of fusible pellon, is that same thickness as warm and natural???

  3. #3
    Super Member 0tis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,588
    I don't know - I have only used the Pellon for these. I think others on this site have used warm and natural - its worth a shot.

  4. #4
    3699quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by constantly55
    Okay.......I've not made one yet, but with the pattern, it calls for some kind of fusible pellon, is that same thickness as warm and natural???
    Two different things - Pellon comes in iron on and is thinner than batting.

  5. #5
    Junior Member constantly55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by 3699quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by constantly55
    Okay.......I've not made one yet, but with the pattern, it calls for some kind of fusible pellon, is that same thickness as warm and natural???
    Two different things - Pellon comes in iron on and is thinner than batting.
    I knew it was different, just trying to get out of going to Joann's. LOL thanks

  6. #6
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,475
    Beautiful.

  7. #7
    Super Member caliquocat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    No. California
    Posts
    1,298
    It's a beautiful bag. Kaffe Fassett fabrics are one of my favorites.

  8. #8
    Super Member MinnieKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    northern Minnesota
    Posts
    4,522
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by constantly55
    Quote Originally Posted by 3699quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by constantly55
    Okay.......I've not made one yet, but with the pattern, it calls for some kind of fusible pellon, is that same thickness as warm and natural???
    Two different things - Pellon comes in iron on and is thinner than batting.
    I knew it was different, just trying to get out of going to Joann's. LOL thanks
    Warm and Natural is a little thicker, but you could try it. The Pellon fleece we use for the BowTucks is fusible so if you use Warm and Natural you'd have to quilt it to your fabric ...

  9. #9
    Super Member rexie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hardin, Ky.
    Posts
    1,115
    I like hippy dippy. Reminds me of the 60's and 70's.

  10. #10
    reach for the stars 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ILL.
    Posts
    3,569
    Love the fabrics great purse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.