Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Goodwill rescue

Another Goodwill rescue

I found this a couple weeks ago in a local Goodwill, and couldn't just leave him there. Only $3 for a quilt top is a nice deal in my book. All hand pieced! I think he will make a really nice picnic blanket after a few repairs, oh and batting and backing of course.

Name:  100_2738.JPG
Views: 4333
Size:  91.3 KB
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Wow, what a treasure!

Blog Entries
    nice
    this would be a great quilt for a man

A number of the fabrics look like they were cut from men's shirts. Reminds me of my dad. He almost always wears blue shirts.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Good for you for rescuing a fellow quilters hard work -- it will be a beautiful quilt when you're all done. I like the color combinations.....

Great find. It will make a great quilt for picnics.

Blog Entries
    Super glad that you were able to rescue this quilt top. Good for you. Someone put a lot of time and it's pretty. Thank you. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Power Poster
    great find happy you gave it a home!!!!
    QUILTNMO

First Laurie gotta tell ya i'm a Bilbo baggins super fan too! lol my favorite book in the whole wide world or is it the third world. lol I read it to my two oldest kids after I had already read it. That was 30 years ago. Wow! I think your quilt rescue will make a wonderful useful addition to your home or anyone,s home. It was a great find. Please show us when your finished with it. Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy

Good find, great price. It's interesting where our sewing projects can end up.

I saw a gorgeous quilt being used to protect a bookcase being hauled in the back of a rusty pickup truck once. I should have offered the kid $20 for it. He probably would have taken it since the bungee cords were already tearing through the quilt exposing the wood. ~

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast