Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another jelly roll quilt

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt, those fabrics are very subtle and delicate...and the pillow is a perfect accent to the quilt!!! You are soooo fast at making quilts :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyhope

its really pretty; what pattern did you use?
    It's from the book Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott. The pattern is called Blue Lagoon since the one in the book is all in blue.

I like making the pillows, that's something I've done for years when I decorate. They can be soooo expensive to buy designer ones. I have lots of forms in different sizes and shapes so when I re-decorate I just recover them.

It's fun to try different things on something small and quick, I'm all about quick :P

wow, Pam...did you come up with the idea for two color prairie points? that is fantastic! :D

Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    wow, Pam...did you come up with the idea for two color prairie points? that is fantastic! :D
    Don't know if I am the first to do it. I did that because it's jelly roll strips and one strip isn't wide enough so I thought... sew two together the same way that you would fold a whole piece in half.

I sewed them right sides together with a 1/4 seam allowance and ironed them flat. Because of the 1/4 inch seam I cut the sections at 2 1/4" wide instead of the full jelly roll width of 2 1/2". I realized after I did it and I had another two strips sewn together for something else that I should have folded the points on the outside, not the inside of the seam. Would have been a lot easier instead of trying to get the fold nestled up to the seam.

And after going through sewing them to the piece I thought that doing a 1/8" seam on the strips and cutting the sections at 2 3/8" would be better. That leaves a little bit move room to fold the point down into the seam allowance.

The pattern is simple but so dramatic. Beautiful and soft.

It is a soft, old-fashioned look and I really like it. The pillow is absolutely adorable too!

Beautiful quilt and pillow!

You are so talented!!!

Another goregous one - love the colors and your pillow sham is just so cute! Love it!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast